PDA

View Full Version : My first rattie went to the bridge

annc
02-04-2008, 07:55 AM
In September I adopted two 17-month-old ratties - Milly and Poppy. Milly greeted me with her teeth! She never became really tame, but would lick yoghurt of my hand before biting my finger! She was always first to the door, although they both hated coming out.

In November, she had a lump removed, but, sadly, developed another one, which the vet said was inoperable. He said that all the while she was happy she could carry on. Last week she was spending more time at the bottom of her cage, but up till Saturday night went up to the tunnel and for food. On Sunday afternoon I heard a squeak, and I think Poppy had stood on Milly's huge tumour and scratched the fragile skin. This morning it was really sore, and I knew her time had come. At 9 am I said my final goodbyes.

Did she know that Poppy will soon have Ratina and Ratara? I'm sure Poppy knew Milly's time had come.

Run free at the bridge, my little girl.

Holly
02-04-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that, Ann - RIP little Milly :(

Mollz
02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
So sorry to hear this. RIP Milly :cry:

souffle
02-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You gave her a great life and adopted her when she needed a home and I know she was happy. R.I.P. Milly :(

Basia
02-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Ah, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. RIP Milly.

Spuds Mum
02-04-2008, 01:36 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. I think you made a very brave decision, it is always hard to take that final step, but Im sure Milly thanks you for saving her from further distress and pain.

Sleep well Milly, hope you are now in a place where yoghurt coated fingers are available day and night x

pophammy
02-05-2008, 12:39 PM
So sorry about poor Milly. R.I.P little one :cry: