PDA

View Full Version : Finally introducing Noodle!

Katie&Noodle
02-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Hello everyone! I've been so busy lately with my brother moving away and university practically taking over my life but I managed to get my boyfriend to take a picture of my little hamster. He's doing so well, had him almost three weeks and he's so so friendly. I love him to bits!

http://i43.tinypic.com/sxdkci.jpg

I tried to keep him still but I was in danger of getting bitten so this was as good as it was going to get!

Bestest hamster ever :) I'm so glad I've got him.

AngelAmes
02-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Aww cute :-)
It's so difficult to take pictures of hamsters when they just want to explore
I hope you get some more free time soon

Womblehands
02-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi Noodle!! Nice to see you

racinghamster
02-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Chinese hamsters are the best! And I said so!!! :mad: So glad your enjoying your little man. They usually only give a warning nip if they are feeling a wee bit aggitated, but chinese are known for their sweet natures, so don`t worry about little warning nips. It doesn`t usually escalate into territorial behaviour with chinese as might happen with russian dwarfs or robos. They are very much like mice in the way they behave (and mice won`t bite either unless stressed) and they have the intelligence of mice aswell. I`ve seen this with my female chinese.

Like mice (and other hamster species) they like to have a daily routine. That is, sleeping most of the day and active more in the evenings. They love to climb onto a lowered arm or shoot up your sleeve and end up inside your clothing! So be prepared to be tickled to death! :mad:

starog
02-02-2012, 04:08 AM
I second all of what RacingHamster has said. Chinese hamsters are awesome!

Noodle looks like a cheeky guy! :)
I get the occasional little nip - but not as often anymore. Never had a bite and I don't see chinese having it in them to be honest (unless you really rubbed them up the wrong way!).
My little chinesey is incredibly intelligent, and a total menace but so loving - I'm sure your little man is just the same so watch out, he'll steal your heart ;)

racinghamster
02-02-2012, 04:50 AM
Well said starog. :) I also agree with your sentiment on actual biting. I do have a friend who adopted a male chinese from Pets At Home after he had been in there for months with kids tapping the glass of his aquarium and she decided to go in and get him. To date, she hasn`t really been able to handle him much because he has bitten her and her mum, but he`s happy to dig away and just be spoiled. She has years of experience with mice aswell so that helps. But perhaps there will be the odd occassion when a chinese hamster is a biter, but I can`t believe that`s not something that can`t be remedied with the usual taming commitments and patience.

I`ve been completely smitten by the chinese now and always want to have one in my life. Prinny is such a little character and it seemed fate that she came to me last year from Abby on here. :)

Lynternette
02-06-2012, 09:52 AM
What a handsome little fellow you are.