PDA

View Full Version : RIP Monkey - Mummy Loves You

MummyofMonkey
01-20-2012, 01:56 PM
When I got up this morning Monkey looked liked he had really aged overnight. His food bowl hadn't been touched and he was asleep in the corner which he never does, he always sleeps in his red bendy tube.

Today has been an awful day, we had the gas man come out because our boiler broke and we have had no hot water or heating for two days, my dozy sister managed to fall over in an exercise class and fracture her arm (please feel free to laugh at the irony - I did through my tears) and I had to move my large tropical fish tank to allow the gas man plenty of room to strip the boiler down.

I found one of my son's soft blankets and wrapped Monkey in it and placed him on the sofa early this morning. I knew he was fading because he made no attempt to move or get out of the blanket and explore.

After emptying my tank and moving all the fish I have spent all day just laying on the sofa cuddling and stroking Monkey.

He managed to wait until my son came in from school and had given him a kiss and cuddle and then he just went to sleep on me and his breathing gradually slowed until it stopped.

He is 27 months old so he has done really well, he knew he was loved and even though the 2 robos came along and took up a lot of my time with their scraps, Monkey patiently waited his turn and enjoyed all the love we gave him. I feel so sad tonight but I am comforted knowing I held him to the end and he did not suffer, he just went to sleep.

Goodnight my darling boy, sleep well with all your friends. I am so proud to be MummyofMonkey xxx

kyrilliondaemon
01-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Oh no... I'm sorry he's gone :(

RIP Monkey

TraceyH
01-20-2012, 02:17 PM
What a nightmare. As you say though, he never suffered. Obviously it was his time to go. Still sorry you lost him.

Humphrey Furball
01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm so sorry about Monkey, I'm sure you made his passing easier by being with him; run free at the bridge Monkey x

souffle
01-20-2012, 02:42 PM
My heart really dropped when I saw this. :(
I am so very sorry. He was one very special little man and a true gentleman. He must have felt so much loved as he walked to the path to the bridge held safe in your arms.
Play well lovely Monkey and watch over your family who will miss you so much x

Gibbs&JackBlack
01-20-2012, 02:47 PM
So sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace.

Demecat
01-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Sleep well little one.

Mikayla
01-20-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm so sorry <3

RIP Monkey.

Gizmodo ^_^
01-20-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss :(
Sleep well Monkey <3

Flamestriker
01-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Play well at the bridge little monkey. Sorry for your loss.

KatiePillow
01-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm really sorry to hear of this, I hope Cena and Orton keep you busy and help you through :(
Rest in peace little guy

Pompompoms
01-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Monkey :(. He did do really well, and got to a ripe old age, it sounds like he had a wonderful life with you. I'm so pleased you managed to spend so much time with him today, his passing sounds so peaceful and surrounded by love. Play well at the bridge gorgeous boy xx

LawaRawr
01-21-2012, 01:38 AM
im so sorry to hear about monkey
sleep well little one xx

Lougarry
01-21-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't know how I missed this before. So sorry to hear of your loss. Monkey was a gorgeous boy. Sleep tight, Monkey xxx

AliKati
01-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Sounds like he was very loved and had a good, long life. He must also have been comforted to have you near right to when he passed. Play well over the bridge, little one.

emilyweb
01-21-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss, Rest in peace little one <3 xxx

Sterluv
01-26-2012, 05:14 PM
So sorry, at least he got to spend his last day with you.
Sleep well little one

Hammie.A
01-26-2012, 05:31 PM
R.I.P Monkey :( I'm sure you were an amazing little man <3

a lovely tribute to him btw.

Thoughts go out to you <3