PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking

annc
01-26-2008, 05:48 AM
Sometimes Peanut seems to squeak in his sleep. I wonder if hamsters dream? He's a happy lad and seems very well.

Snowy has been quite active today - no more bar-chewing so far. I think she just wanted to see what bars were!

souffle
01-26-2008, 01:16 PM
It is not unusual for them to squeak. I think you will find he squeaks more now as the will call to the females who may respond when they are in season. Sweet love songs :lol:

suga
01-27-2008, 01:19 AM
Squeaking is normal in my experience - I think hamsters are social creatures, so why would they not want to chat? Unless there's sign of illness I wouldn't worry..

Basia
01-27-2008, 05:01 AM
Maybe he's aware of Snowy's presence. My Basil squeaked the first night we bought him home and he was obviously scared then. He never made another sound until I started collecting hamsters and now he squeaks a lot. I would say about half of them squeak regularly and some of them never seem to. Sometimes they are definitely squeaking at me to come out!

babyboos
01-29-2008, 05:57 PM
I have some hamsters that squeek more than others and sometimes it seems to run in families too
I definitely think they dream and can often hear squeeking, clicking and snuffling etc from hamster houses in the middle of the day

annc
01-31-2008, 11:11 AM
Yes, it's always when Peanut appears to be asleep.

02-10-2008, 05:32 AM
My little Campbell Jason squeaks when he's asleep. It used to be occasionally but now it seems to be every time he's asleep. I was worried that he might have a respiratory problem but he's fine when he's awake. I think he must just be having happy little hamster dreams. :)