PDA

View Full Version : Little Red has gone

pophammy
01-21-2008, 05:10 AM
We have some bad news. Our gorgeous Longhaired red eyed cream girl has gone to the bridge. :cry:

She seemed OK though was sleeping and weeing quite a bit. We noticed that her wet corner didn't seem very wet any more, and she was reluctant to come out, and didn't like being touched. She didn't seem to be in any pain, but her tummy seemed slightly swollen, so we took her to the vet. Sadly she had kidney failure, and there was nothing they could do. :cry: It was kindest to have her put to sleep. :cry: :cry: :cry:

R.I.P Little Red Riding Hoop, you were a gorgeous ham and one of the best in the world. I will never forget when you fell in the plate of spaghetti hoops when you were a baby, and your name then became obvious. You were meant to go to a new home, but I knew I could never part with you. You made us so proud when you got BIS Junior twice. You were such a lovely hamster, you will never be forgotten. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Here is a poem I wrote in her memory.

Little Red Riding Hoop

22/2/06~16/1/08

The smallest baby in the nest,
The tiniest ham of all,
I knew that you would be the best,
Even though you were so small

Spaghetti Hoops and shining red eyes,
Your name became quite clear,
But now we have to say goodbye,
My sweet Red Riding Hoop, dear

Even though you were so small at the start,
You quickly began to grow,
A special place you took in my heart,
When you won Junior Best in Show,

You were so active right to the end,
Running happily on your wheel,
I’m sorry you had to go, my friend,
My heart you sure did steal,

I’ll think of you Red, every single day
Why did you have to go?
For in my heart is where you’ll stay
I’ll always miss you so.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/pics/redmem3.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Holly
01-21-2008, 06:30 AM
I am so sorry, Pophammy and Souffle :(

I know what a beauty Red was as I've seen her at several shows - and she really was gorgeous. (Will thinks so too and was upset when he heard your news).

I am absolutely certain that Red knew how loved she was and what a wonderful life she was living. In the end you were kind and brave enough when she needed you the most.

RIP Little Red and sweet dreams.

suga
01-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Lovely poem about little red pophammy - rip little one :-(.

Spuds Mum
01-21-2008, 10:29 AM
So sorry to hear the sad news of Red PH. she was a very special lady, and beautiful too. She lived a very full life with the Custards, and couldn't have wished for a better home filled with more love.

She is I am sure, at the Bridge with Bailey and Nelson, telling them all about Poly and how she enjoyed being an Auntie!

Thinking of you PH, Souffle and Big D x x

Sleep well Red you beautiful girl x

jayne
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Sorry to hear about Little Red :(

She was with a loving family and was well looked after

RIP Little Red x

Basia
01-23-2008, 03:51 PM
I've only just seen your post Pophammy. I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, I know how much you all loved Red and she was a very special, photogenic hamster. My sympathies to you, Souffle and Big D.
RIP Red

Bunsey
01-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm so sorry about Red, she truly was beautiful. :cry:

Mollz
01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm so sorry to both you and Souffle.
I know little Red will be dearly missed and was greatly loved during her life with you. I'm so sad to hear that she has gone over the bridge.

Rest In Peace Little Red :cry:

Bailey-Benji
01-25-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm so sorry Pophammy and Souffle, she was a lovely little ham :cry:

babyboos
02-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I was saddened to hear of Red's passing
she was a gorgeous little lady
sweet dreams
XXX

lau200
02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I have only just spotted this post and I am so sorry. she was a gorgeous ham. sleep tight Red x