PDA

View Full Version : Isabella - shiney girl *warning flick includeded after she passed - still beautiful*

suga
12-28-2011, 03:23 AM
Isabella 8-3-2010 to 18-12-2011 (Photos at the bottom including one of her after she has passed but she just looks peaceful).

Isabella was a long haired satin mink and came from Spud’s Mum who is a moderator here and owner of Mad About Hamsters. She was perfectly tame when I went to collect her and although I was a nervous about meeting her she took it all in her stride.

After spending 4 plus hours travelling home I showed her to my OH and captured a couple of moments with her on our first day together. Her favourite treats were porridge and baby food and on clean out day she would run around the cage looking for somewhere to hide the dog biscuit she had been given. She eventually finished growing and became a steady 210g in weight.

She loved running on her karlie wheel and enjoyed cage maintenance. I would evenly distribute carefresh around the cage and then watch her move all the items around to get every last bit into the corner so she could make a large bed. Stashing food in the corners and flipping the bowl over when done was a constant amusement and she would sit looking as if to say “it wasn’t me”.

She was in most aspects a lady and was a very sociable hamster. She would spend hours getting her fur just so before coming out to see us. As soon as she went back to her home after snuggles she would go to her pamper corner and wash and gloss her fur again before sitting on one of her wooden shelves to see what was happening. She did manage to pee up the walls in our lounge which I was not happy about and so had to have plastic wallpaper installed around her cage to ensure it didn’t happen again. The wallpaper actually turned out to be helpful in keeping draughts out and cage debris in, which made it easier for keeping her corner of the lounge clean.

Earlier this year she had become unwell and had a trip to see our vet and was exceptionally well behaved. She didn’t like taking her medicine but did improve and went back to doing what she had before and was no cause for concern. She subsequently became ill again in December and was diagnosed with another respiratory infection. I have no idea as to how she got this as we have not had colds or flu etc. Further medication was given and she continued to hate every minute of it. She lost a lot of weight in the week she was unwell and towards the end wouldn’t eat or drink. Even though she was desperately unwell she still came out for a cuddle and a warm. On her last day she really didn’t seem to be getting any better and I had said to my OH that I would take her to the vet on the Monday for some help. In her last week she had made a new bed in 3 different corners and her cage was full of toilet paper so she didn’t get cold and she moved from corner to corner trying to get comfortable. I went back downstairs on her last night with the intention of just checking on her and possibly sleeping next to her cage on the floor but decided to bring her upstairs and placed her next to the bed so I could keep an eye on her. She had been told she was loved and that it was okay to go and so she did on the 18th December which was actually my birthday.

She was given the red basket for her forever bed and I decorated a box with angels for her and the pet crematorium looked after the last part of her journey. As ever I have taken photos of her after she had died and she now resides with Conker and Lilbear who live under the hamster table. She came home in gorgeous little green box with her ashes wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a black ribbon. Her name is on the lid on a gold coloured plaque.

Her beautiful little face, gorgeous ears and personality has helped us through the hardest year we have had and we will never forget her. Sleep well Issy and look out for all the loved ones that have gone before you. We love you and miss you more then you can ever imagine. Our home and hearts are lonely without you.

When the sky turns to light

We miss our loved ones
We hold you so tight
We think of you daily into each passing night

Look down on our lives and twinkle so bright
So we can see you each evening
When the sky turns to light

My favourite flick of her
Forever sleep
Angel box

Flamestriker
12-28-2011, 03:30 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Issy was a lovely hamster and she really was loved by you and she knew it. She was a brave little fighter too. Play well at the bridge little one

souffle
12-28-2011, 03:55 AM
You know how sorry I am suga. I was privilaged to share your meeting and saw the wonder in your eyes as the bond was forged. It will stay forever just as she will stay with you both. I has been a journey filled with love and she was a very special little lady.
Play well at the bridge Issy xx

Roxie
12-28-2011, 03:58 AM
Beautiful tribute and a beautiful resting place. Isabella looks so peaceful and content which shows she had a wonderful, happy life.

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's always so hard to lose a Ham but it seems especially harsh at this time of the year. She was clearly very loved.

samincittagazze
12-28-2011, 05:51 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Play well Issy.

LocoRocoPanda
12-28-2011, 06:54 AM
I'm sorry for you loss. Issy was a very precious little girl but she'll keep watch over you now forever.

Sleep well little Issy. Go find all your new friends.

xx

Peachesmum
12-28-2011, 07:13 AM
She was beautiful, looks like my shiny Peaches :)

Demecat
12-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Sleep well little one

Pompompoms
12-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Beautiful tribute Suga, Isabella sounds like such a special girl. I'm so sorry it was her time to pass on. She'll be with her HC friends and hamily now till it's time for you to meet again xx

fluffymunchkins
12-28-2011, 09:50 AM
I needed to pay my respects to this beautiful girl again.
Shes been fighting and staying strong for some time now and I don't blame her, having such a wonderful mummy.
She'll be one of those little ones that will always have a special place here and I hope shes joined the others up there.
Sleep tight Issy xxx

RachK
12-28-2011, 10:21 AM
So sorry to hear of Isabella's passing Suga. :( She was such a beautiful lady. RIP little one xxx

starbug
12-28-2011, 11:58 AM
What a lovely little lady she was. Play well, little one.

Hamtastic
12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm very sorry about your beautiful girl :( She looks to have been a wonderful companion.

Teddybearhamster420
12-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Im so sorry suga- she was so beautiful. RIP little angle, play well at the bridge. :( xxxx She looks so happy. You did a wonderful Job caring for her.

Tish36
12-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Issy was amazing and you two were perfect for each other.

Though one of us is gone
The other remains, but stay strong
Have hope, for I am still here.
Where, may you ask?
You cannot see me, you can't stroke my fur
But I reside in a place where I will always be, and will never leave.
Your heart.

Hope that helped, courtesy of me :)

MzWiz0915
12-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful little lady and you have given her a wonderful tribute.

ShannenClare
12-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Your tribute was lovely! She was such a pretty hamster as well. sweet dreams issy xx

AliKati
12-28-2011, 02:09 PM
She's beautiful, in life and in death. I'm sorry for your loss. Play well over the bridge, little one.

Sammybingo
12-28-2011, 05:07 PM
A truly beautiful tribute to a beautiful little fluffy. So sorry for your loss Suga. xxx

suga
12-29-2011, 04:39 AM
Thanks for your kind words they are appreciated.
x

suga
12-29-2011, 04:39 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, Issy was amazing and you two were perfect for each other.

Though one of us is gone
Where, may you ask?
Your heart.

Thanks Tish :-)

suga
12-29-2011, 04:40 AM

Though one of us is gone
Where, may you ask?
Your heart.

Thnaks Tish, loving your creativity :D

LawaRawr
12-29-2011, 05:01 AM
oh im so sorry, a beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl, you will be missed isabella x

Sterluv
01-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Oh she was a very pretty lady, so sorry for your loss :(