PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys help me with some more info please?

Ghostofarose
01-12-2008, 04:28 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm still working on the boyfriend, but I might be getting a Chinese hammy to add to the family!

I've only owned Syrians and Robos before so I don't know a great deal about them. And of course, I want to be well informed before I get one! (Or two)

So do I get one or two, and which sex is 'better', i.e. friendlier etc.

And where can I get them? I'd rather not get them from a Pet shop if I can help it. I'd prefer a rescue or a breeder. I live in Desborough, Northamptonshire. Is there anywhere any of you could recommend? Just to give you an idea of where I am- I'm about 30 mins from Leicester and Northampton. (In between the two!)

Thanks everyone,

~Katie

Matty Day
01-12-2008, 06:55 AM
I currently have 2 Chinese girls who I had to split up I think what sex you get depends on If you want one or two. if you want one any sex will do. but I would recommend if you are getting two try 2 males as I found that the females are more aggressive. i am going to start breeding soon but i live in bristof unfortunetly.

Holly
01-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Oooh you live near me!

There is a very good Chinese show breeder on another forum - I know for a fact she has recently had several litters so I'm sure she could help you - with your questions and with getting hold of Chinese hams. I'm not sure where she's based - not too near here I don't think but she is coming to one of the shows soon - I'll PM you her details.

There's been lots of debate on the forums recently about whether Chinese are actually solitary rather than social animals - in captivity at least - as so many need splitting up.

Bunsey
01-13-2008, 12:53 PM
the males are more docile and friendly, but a lot of people are put off by their testicles, which are like trailers on the end of their body! :lol: