PDA

View Full Version : First pic of Algy

Catja
01-11-2008, 08:26 AM
This is the first pic of Algy, I could only get him to stay still for one!

He is by far the smallest of our hamsters, coming from Pets@Home about a month ago.

In the petshop he was going round the cage scrapping with the other hamsters and when they gave up and went to sleep he came to the front of the tank and rested his chin on the shelf and was staring out looking totally fed up. :D

I thought he would actually be the most tameable of the lot because he wasn't timid.

In truth as soon as he was home, he became our most timid hamster, handling him at first was a nightmare and I've been bitten more in the last month than I ever have before.

But I perservered and he no longer bites but he is like a teenager. He never gets up until about 11:30pm, his cage is always messier than my other hamsters put together and he is insisting on weeing the entire length of his tubes which has meant he is also our smelliest rodent! And will be getting a new cage soon! He also appears to hate vegetables, he reminds me of Kevin & Perry :lol:

He is a little thug! but we love him :D Interestingly I kept on handling him and he came round a bit but bonded with OH almost instantly and will do anything for him!

He is very tiny as were the others in the tank and so I don't know but I think he is very young.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii131/catja_album/algy1.jpg

RhubynRampage
01-11-2008, 08:37 AM
He's beautiful.

jayne
01-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Aww, he is adorable, look at that innocent wee face :lol:

I see what you mean Catja, he does look very much like my Pepsi. Just wish Pepsi's ears would go up like that soon. He is vey small too, here is a pic of him compared to my hand, hes roughly about 4inches lond when walking and have no idea of his weight, will do that when he *fingers crossed* gets better

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/jayne83/025.jpg

Look forward to seeing more pictures of him

Catja
01-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Awwh, I have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for Pepsi. He looks so like Algy and the same size

If it is any consolation Algy didn't put his ears up for approx 11/2 weeks so I ma sure Pepsi will.

Do keep letting us know how he is getting on

Spuds Mum
01-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Aww Algy is lovely. He has such a sweet little face.
Hope your fingers are healing! and that he soon stops being ungrateful and is as friendly to you as to your OH! :x

jayne
01-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks catja!

At least Algy sounds like hes got a bit of character, albeit like a stroppy teenager :lol: I'm sure he will provide you and your OH with plenty of entertainment.
I havent been biten yet, although Pepsi did bite my OH when we were doing the medication for the first time and my OH was none too chuffed :evil: He has been a good boy with me though so far

Is there anyway of telling how old they are?

Holly
01-11-2008, 12:11 PM
He looks lovely, Catja - what a sweet face (hiding all that teenage angst :twisted: ). He does have a young look about him. It's difficult to be specific about hamster ages - it's just easy to spot "oldish" and "youngish" ones as far as I know!

annc
01-11-2008, 12:28 PM
What a sweet little face!

Hanlou
01-11-2008, 01:32 PM
He sounds a real little character! Bless him! :lol:

...and he looks so sweet as well. :P

SnuggleHam
01-11-2008, 01:46 PM
He looks so tiny lol, so cute, he has quite the expression, I think its the ears hehe.

souffle
01-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Aww he is lovely. He has a very baby face. They are meant to be 6wks before being sold so I reckon he is about 7-8 wks. Hope Pepsi is soon just as perky

Basia
01-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Aw Catja, he is gorgeous, what a cute little face. He sounds as if he is making your life a lot more interesting!

Pepsi is very cute too, I hope he is getting better.

Catja
01-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Awh thanks, he is a cutey, I think he is very young and the world a very big place for him at the moment. I have ordered a Savic Cambridge for him tonight so hopefully lots to do but less tubes!

Holly
01-12-2008, 01:31 AM
Awh thanks, he is a cutey, I think he is very young and the world a very big place for him at the moment. I have ordered a Savic Cambridge for him tonight so hopefully lots to do but less tubes!

I think that's a great choice to help a hamster become more used to you and more interactive. We have our Rolo in one and he's always up first, I think because the Cambridge is quite open and he always hears me and wonders what's going on. He climbs all over it and rubs noses with us when we go past :wink:

chase
01-12-2008, 04:09 AM
He is a beautiful little hammie. :x