PDA

View Full Version : *Waves* Hey there. I'm an accidental owner...

RhubynRampage
01-11-2008, 07:10 AM
Hullo. I'm Claire, and I have one hamster, a long haired sable syrian thing called Rhubyn Russell. He was an accident :oops: I didn't like hamsters as such before Rhubyn, they aren't really big and squishy enough for me. But he was dumped at my local pet shop and they put him up for rehoming with a donation to a charity. Now this was just before Xmas, and let's face it, all animals need a home for Christmas...unfortunately the lady in the shop who knows me pounced and I ended up the confused owner of one hamster, a cage, and thousands of toys which I hastily bought.
I have experience with rodents and small animals so I'm good with the care, but I figured it would be a good idea to join here.

I'll put a pic of Rhu in the Syrian thread soon enough.

I also own 9 rats and two cats along with Rhubyn.

Holly
01-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Hi and welcome from me :)

You've definitely come to the right place - we are all hamster addicts here and getting sucked in is only a click away :P

Looking forward to your pictures of Rhubyn :)

RhubynRampage
01-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Thank you :D
He is such a lovely little guy, very tame and happy to be in a new home.

Spuds Mum
01-11-2008, 10:10 AM
hello and welcome from me! :x I am sure that hamsters will grow on you, cause Rhubyn sounds an adorable friendly boy!
I'm sort of the opposite really - I love hamsters but have always been a bit unsure/afraid of rats - its a tail thing I think :D. But so many people recently have posted pics on here of their lovely ratties that I am definitely seeing them in a new light.
I'm sure we'd love to see pics of all of your pets when you have the chance! :x

RhubynRampage
01-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I posted them already :lol: In Misc. Chat I believe.
He was just out for a wander with me in my room; into everything, he is :D

pophammy
01-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum! Good to have you with us!

secretsquirrelzo
01-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi Claire

I'm new too, I have Humbug who is a silver grey syrian, and will be 2 yrs at the end of Jan. I also have five girly ratties - Star, Wispa, Dottie, Misty and Tiptoe, who will all be one in April/May.

If you scroll down the intros forum a bit you will find my post from yesterday, with photos of Humbug and the girls!

Zo
xx

souffle
01-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the forum and that is one handsome hammy you have there. Sables are just so gorgeoua and one of my favourite colours. Accidental or not I bet you will soon be addicted to hammies. He is really gorgeous :lol:

suga
01-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I think I posted on your other thread - but hello and welcome.

Basia
01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi and welcome from me too. :D

SnuggleHam
01-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Welcome to Hamster Central Rhuby :)

RhubynRampage
01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Thank you everyone :)
Humbug is a cutie :)

Jessalina
01-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Hello from a fellow rattie person :) Welcome to the forum. I have been a member for ages but I still haven't got a hamster yet :lol:

jayne
01-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum :D

Hope you enjoy your time on here and look forward to seeing your hammie pics :P

babyboos
01-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Most of my rattie owner pals have a hamster or two in their rodent collection - many rescues obtained via me - rat owners are just such softies :oops: :wink: Welcome to Hamster Central and I hope to see many more pictures of your gang, with and without tails soon. We have so many people here with another animal in their heart but I think rats are the most common? Please feel free to vote in the poll in Misc Chat section everyone - will be interesting to see just what we do all have in our homes, and maybe someone else on here has the same as you??? always handy to know a fellow animal owner.