PDA

View Full Version : Love you Mcnulty

Fofinha
12-12-2011, 04:26 AM
Tonight decided to put her to sleep after a month fighting with tumor.
She passed away without pain on Dec 12, 2011 - at 19.00

She's our first ever hamster and very adorable. We love her so much.
And now we can never sing her theme song anymore. :(

Coalhada
12-12-2011, 07:37 AM
McNulty went to sleep today for the last time, in my hand. The vet said we could wait outside, but the day before yesterday she had refused several times to go back to her cage after feeding, and kept crawling up my arms, the way she used to run along them when she was still a baby.
Then yesterday, when she couldn't do even that, she still climbed onto my hand when I tried to put her back, and spread out for a snooze - I suppose because she felt safe there, and warm.
So she went to sleep that way today too.

We will miss McNulty a lot. She was adventurous and playful, not afraid to lick your nose or grab your fingers, though she never bit, and she used to pin her ears back against her head so it looked like she didn't have any ears at all.
She could jump six inches from a standing start if there was something that far away that she felt like chewing, and she had her own theme tune.
But most of all she was our hamster, the lovable McNulty.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3347/4634991044_7a7a427fab.jpg

Jodzie04
12-12-2011, 08:06 AM
So sorry, it's always so hard to lose a much loved family member

Eleanor
12-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Awwwr, I'm sorry to both you guys, they sound like very lovely hams xx

Pompompoms
12-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I posted in your other thread, but I just wanted to say again you did the right thing for her when she needed you to help her pass on. She'll be welcomed by all the HC hams we miss so much at the bridge xx

Sterluv
12-12-2011, 06:48 PM
So sorry for your loss. I lost my Rosie recently and I know how it feels.
Yes, Rosie had a theme song too and every time someone sings it now they get yelled at.

souffle
12-14-2011, 02:17 PM
You gave her the greatest gift of all.
Run free at the bridge McNulty x