PDA

View Full Version : Not eating hamster food

annc
01-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Peanut seems fine in himself, but this week he doesn't seem to be touching his hamster food, although he eats his snacks and porridge when I have some. I do hope he is OK. I've given him the local shop's own and Pets At Home Hamster Muesli.

souffle
01-10-2008, 01:26 AM
They do not eat a huge amount of food really so he is likely nibbling from his store during the night, Ours always run out and eat some of their porridge as soon as it goes in. If he seems bright and active he is likely getting enough and just picking out the best bits! Check his teeth are even and not overgrown and he has no signs of bumps or lumps around the gums and vheeks which may put him off eating.

Spuds Mum
01-10-2008, 07:42 AM
He may just be being a bit picky Ann?! I would consider not giving him the extra treats for a while and keep an eye on what he eats then.
I'm sure if he appears healthy and happy he is eating his normal food, but there are a lot of people out there who would rather eat chocolate than fruit and he may just be a hamster equivalent?

babyboos
01-10-2008, 12:06 PM
most hamsters will only eat one tablespoon of hamster mix in two days (with some bits left over!) - how much are you giving Peanut? have you hcekced under his bed ? when was he last cleaned out?