PDA

View Full Version : Roof Runs

Holly
01-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I've been trying to buy some of these for a while now - the ones I already have are from an ebay seller who used to list them regularly but doesn't anymore :?

I specifically want this type, they come in several colours, any will do. Does anyone know anywhere that sells them?

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_6338.jpg

Many thanks and here's hoping :)

babyboos
01-09-2008, 05:31 PM
maybe ask in your local carpet shop - small carpets and rugs come with great tubes which you can cut with a really sharp knife or small hacksaw to the size you want. Like you I have seen them in some small petshops and on eBay occassionally - good hunting and patience....

Spuds Mum
01-10-2008, 07:28 AM
I've never been able to find them locally either Julie, so I've been using Chubes and also for my little girls I used the inside tubes from the christmas wrapping papers - they need replacing regulalry, but are doing the job so far!

Holly
01-10-2008, 08:50 AM
I've used chubes and also tied loo rolls to the bars - I don't like the chubes as much as they are narrower and the loo rolls get demolished in a day usually.

I'm really sad I can't find the roof runs anymore - I've had the ones i have for a year and, though a couple are a bit chewed, they are very resilient to hamster teeth :roll:

Spuds Mum
01-10-2008, 09:37 AM
I'll certainly keep an eye out for them and will snap some up for you if they I find any Julie :D

babyboos
01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
I use loads of toilet roll tubes and kitchen rool tubes which was why it was great to find the inner carpet tubes - they are far stronger and if you get the rug ones a lot easier to get on the bus or in the car!!!!
I used to give some toilet roll tubes to my sister - the cleaners at work collected them for me - but health and safaety means she can't use them anymore - she works in a nursery and they are sanitary :-( so more for my hammies :-)