PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Present for Winter Whites?

Holly
01-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Sparrow and Turner our (separated) winter white brothers are going to be 1 year old on 17th January (where does time go? :? ) and Will wants to get them something special - the thing is, what?

Does anybody have an amazing toy or treat that their dwarf hamster just loves?

Ours already have new dwarf-sized exercise balls, sandbaths, tunnel seesaws etc. Do dwarf hamsters like the chew things that you hang from the cage roof?

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Spuds Mum
01-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Surely they have everything any self respecting hamster could desire in a home with you Julie? :lol:

I don't usually give the hangy down treats to Ice, but she does love me to hang a millet spray from her cage. Not very special I know - or how about one of those satellite dish exercise wheels?

Or a grass house (which Ice doesnt use as a house but does like as a climbing frame).

Oh I'm useless enough at human presents never mind hamster ones!

Or - how about you get Will to make them a really cool playbox with eggboxes/a cardboard tube maze etc?

Nicolapompicola
01-09-2008, 03:20 PM
How about a hazel nut in it's shell each? They're healthy, good for keeping their teeth down and tastey! But not that special..

Holly
01-09-2008, 03:27 PM
All good ideas - I'll put them to Will in the morning!

Keep 'em coming though :wink:

Nicolapompicola
01-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Just had a thought! How does a kabob with a hazel nut with a hole drilled through it sound? You can get other things to go on the kabob too, like some mineral chew things..

I_am_plankton
01-09-2008, 03:36 PM
All my dwarfs have enjoyed different things.

Felix can't live without his pink elephant jungle bungalow which he sleeps in, eats in and just sits in and watches the world go by. If I don't put it in his cage he looks very sad. He also has a hide and see TV thing that he loves to sit and wash in :) Felix also likes his grassy hay tunnel from P@H which he chews and sits in :)

When Patrick and Sponge were here they each had a bendy fiddle sticks shaped into a cave type thing and they loved them, they slept under them, ran on top of them and just sat under them and ate when they were using a different bed.

souffle
01-09-2008, 04:26 PM
I am plankton ours like the same things as yours. Dwarfs really like those little sit in things! Bingley has a 'globe' which he is always sitting in. Kipton has a TV and Gus has a Sofa. I am sure they would like those Holly and they are not too pricey either. Bingley likes the cardboard Chube we got him at Xmas and has started to nibble it now. They also like those mazes you can build with those square plate things. Ours dont fuss for treats much. They like a bit of string bean though!

babyboos
01-09-2008, 05:45 PM
ours love the little TV with the hole in the middle, and all sorts of naff plastic hidey hole animals and cubes. You could make them delicious and nutritious hamster cakes/cookies - there have been a few recipes on here in the past.

Holly
01-10-2008, 03:36 AM
Thanks guys, there are some great ideas here - I'll show Will and he can choose what he wants to do :)

Holly
01-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Well I've been and bought them both a new silent spinner on a stand each plus a hanging metal thing for treats and Will wants to get them both either one of the sit in animals or TV sets. Thanks for all the ideas 8)

I'll post pics of them on their birthday :wink: