PDA

View Full Version : How would I do it?

Jandrhamster
12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
I have 1 hamster: Bubbles, and I've had him since June and I would love 2 maximum campbells but how would I persuasive my mum! as you probs all know my mum hates hamsters etc. But I think it is possible if I take her around loads of shelters and say "ohhh look at him mum PLEASE" and beg but how could I persuasive her to do so I've got it all worked out which I dont know why because Its very doubtful whch yes I was stupid for doing that!! :rolleyes: or if she wont let me have a dwarf then Il try for a guinea pig:D I think theres more change on a guinea:) but still she is still just mean when it comes to hamsters](*,)

KatiePillow
12-07-2011, 12:39 PM
You'd need like a 2x5 foot cage for a guinea pig, and they should be kept in pairs.. so you COULD ask for that first and say 'ok..I'll compromise on two dwarves and a 2ftx1ft cage' and it will seem more reasonable!
But if you don't have her full backing for vet bills then I wouldn't pressurise her too much, It'd be the worst feeling in the world to have a sick hamster but be unable to pay for the vet for it :(

Jandrhamster
12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
we have the money for a vet if my guinea or ham needed one

KatiePillow
12-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I am just saying, if your hamster had something like.. a suspected eye infection but not very obvious to non-hamster owners, and your parent is responsible for the vet fees not you, then it would be their decision as to when he needed one. I was just saying.. the hamster you owns needs need to be kept in mind, and if your mum doesn't want you getting another hamster but is eventually worn down then she may be less amienable to vet visits, since she would then have 2x/3x the obligation (which can be anywhere from nothing per hamster to £100, one of my hamsters has cost me £100 in vet visits from a series of unrelated illnesses)
I was definitely not doubting that were your hamster to be ill, that you'd take it to the vet. I was simply pointing out that 'no' can sometimes be for a valid reason.