PDA

View Full Version : Went to America!

sammys/mum
01-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Over Xmas I went to Florida, Orlando. It was really nice and one of the best bits was seeing those huge pet stores. I went to PetCo and PetSmart. Both were good and I got all my new dwarf hamster stuff at cheap prices (Mainly from the really goood dollar exchange rate)! I just wanted to say why americans seem to say that there choice of toys is inadequate when in my opinion it certainly isnt! :D

Ghostofarose
01-06-2008, 10:09 AM
It's great isn't it? I used to live in America and I loved Petsmart and Petco. Plus most of the malls have a pet shop too. And as you say- good exchange rate. At the moment you can pretty much half their prices i.e. $20 is about £10. Why oh why did I come back here??

~Katie

Holly
01-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Glad you had a good time - I've been to Orlando three times, the last time in 2005 (we are supposed to be going again in 2009). Didn't have hams the last time but I'll definitely be looing for supplies when we go again!

souffle
01-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I think the main problem in America is that they do not have any decent sized cages though I agree they have a good toy choice. I don't think the Concierge in our hotel in New York had ever been asked where the nearest pet store was. :D We had a tai ride across Manhatten to find it then a trip to the statue of Liberty clutching our hammy toys!!!!