PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Willow

Missile
11-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Clichéd as it may sound, it's hard to put this into words...

Willow, you truly were an amazing hamster and I can't explain how much I love you. You were lovely right from the beginning, no biting and so incredibly friendly.

Obviously, if i could've had things my way, you would have lived forever. Thing is, when it came down to it, my choice was between having you suffer on for weeks, or having you put down; there really wasn't one to make. It was the beginnings of a tumour that took you, but you lived a good life for two and half years and I'm quite sure you were happy until the end.

I can't say how much I'll miss getting you out for your daily cuddle and talking to you in that silly voice that everyone does around cute animals. I'm sure you knew how loved you were, because I told you about 50 times every time I got you out. You were like a member of the family and we'll never forget you.

It's weird, because I know some people (in real life, not on here) would remind me she was just a hamster, but to me she was like a best friend and a wonderful companion.

Once again, you were amazing and I love you so much. <3 Rest in peace, Willow.

AliKati
11-20-2011, 02:43 PM
It sounds like you both had a wonderful time together. I am sorry for your loss, but it's the best story one could ask for too. Play well over the bridge, little one.

Erin Loves Dwarf Hamsters
11-20-2011, 02:54 PM
R.I.P Willow its sounds like your mummy cherished you dearly. You made such a strong decision Missile and I am sure she would be so grateful. I have not been able to have the strength you have for one of my hammies who also has a tumor I never know whether I am doing the right thing letting her fight through it. :(

Eleanor
11-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Aww, I'm so sorry :( It breaks my heart to read things like this. No-one ever really understands how much you can get attached to a hamster, I remember when Squeak died, I missed 3 lessons because I couldn't stop crying. The lady asked me why and actually laughed when I told her that my hamster had died.
RIP Willow, definitely not JUST a hamster. It sounds like you loved her very much, and I'm sure she misses you too <3

Pompompoms
11-20-2011, 04:47 PM
People on here know, don't you worry. Willow sounds like she had an amazing life filled with love which is the best a hamster can hope for. You gave her the kindest gift of all at the end, putting yourself aside to make sure she didn't suffer.

Play well at the bridge little girl, there are some fantastic friends waiting there for you xx

TraceyH
11-21-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

fluffymunchkins
11-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Sleep well little one xxx