PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Faye
12-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Hiya :D
Thanks DonnaB for showing me the way to this forum! :lol:
I have 2 Dwarf Hamsters - the daddy Beau and his son Joe... they were from the adoption centre at P@H.
I have only ever had Syrians before, and not for a few years... so I'm pretty much new to these guys! I also have 3 mice, 4 gerbils, 5 rats, 10 rabbits (+ 7 fosters from the same rescue that Donna fosters for), 3 guinea pigs (+ 2 fosters ), 2 dogs and 2 kids! :shock:
I work part time as a pet sitter, and am starting a part-time flexible PGCE...
Enough about me, here are some pics (a few weeks old now, my camera has packed in - I'll post some more recent pics when the new one arrives!)

Beau being held by my daughter
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/flsweeney/beaujoe.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/flsweeney/beaujoe2.jpg

Beau and Joe
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/flsweeney/beaujoe3.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/flsweeney/beaujoe4.jpg

Their new home (a zoozone 2 - which is now has far more 'things' in for them!)
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/flsweeney/beaujoe5.jpg
The black thing near the middle is an entrance into underground rotastak tunnel that leads into the blue compartment - fun! :D
They both sleep in the beige duplo thing :D

Holly
12-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi and welcome from me - Beau and Joe are gorgeous and they have a wonderful cage set up 8)

I met Donna this afternoon when she came to collect her wodent wheel and she was telling me a bit about the rabbits you rescue - I was horrified at the way they are treated. Thank goodness there are people like you to save at least some of the poor little things, I'm just horrified these things are legal.

DonnaB
12-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Hiya Faye nice to see you here, they're real cuties. :D

I was telling of the horrors of the meat market buns and GP's Jill and I rescued *shudders*. I didnt realise you had so many furries and 2 kidlets too.... just 11 furries here at the mo, oh and 2 kidlets as well. :lol:

souffle
12-30-2007, 02:06 AM
Hi Faye and welcome.Good to have you with us. Your hammies are adorable. You must have a busy time with all those furries and 'non furries' to care for but it is a great and rewarding thing to do to take in rescue animals who need a second chance. I bet your children love looking after all the pets.

Basia
12-30-2007, 04:08 AM
Hello and welcome from me too. Beau and Joe are adorable and you have a fantastic cage setup there.

Catja
12-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Hello from me too, love your Dwarf hamsters, and the cage set up looks great, I like the idea of an underground tunnel :D

Our local RSPCA are always inundated with Rabbits I think, far more than any other rodent, there was a house rabbit in Pets@home yesterday that I felt so sorry for that it nearly came home too but not sure how the cats would react!

annc
12-30-2007, 09:20 AM
They are beautiful, and the cage setup looks great.

suga
12-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Welcome to hamster central. Sounds like you have a very busy life with your family :-) hope you enjoy the "break" when you visiting the forum.

Faye
12-30-2007, 10:47 AM
thanks for all the welcomes :D I looks forward to learning loads! I really enjoy keeping the small furries - they're just so much fun to watch! :D

Spuds Mum
12-30-2007, 11:31 AM
thanks for all the welcomes :D I looks forward to learning loads! I really enjoy keeping the small furries - they're just so much fun to watch! :D

Yes they are addictive to watch aren't they? I lose whole hours just staring at them when I should be doing something else! :oops:

Welcome to the forum from me, hope you find it a warm and friendly place and I'll add my good wishes on being involved in rescue fostering. It must be so rewarding to be able to settle the Bunnies and GPs into a nice environment waiting for new homes after they've had a traumatic or difficult past!

I'm surprised you have time to study too, with all those mouths to feed at yours! I've done my ~PGCE too and there was quite a bit of work involved - at least your doing a flexible one - I guess it would need to be! Good look with it anyway - and try to find time to come and talk to us now you've introduced yourself :wink:

jayne
12-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Hello and welcome to Hamster central! :D

Beau and Joe are just beautiful and have cute little faces! What kind of dwarves are they?
How lovely to hear of your fostering, i have been in to Pets at Home to their adoption centre and it breaks my heart reading their little stories of how they are not wanted etc. So sad :cry:
Anyway, hope you enjoy the forum and look forward to more pics of your hams :P

pophammy
12-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! Your hammies are gorgeous! Beau looks rather like our hammy Bingley! Bingley is a sapphire winter white and it looks like your boys are too.

Faye
12-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Beau looks rather like our hammy Bingley! Sapphire winter whites.

cor! they both look like Bingley - and even more so in real life :shock:
I assumed that they were campbells, as they were from P@H... I'll take some better pics once my new camera has arrived and hopefully we can work out what they are! :D