PDA

View Full Version : Ferplast Duna Fun Cage?

Holly
12-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Does anyone have the Ferplast Duna Fun Cage?

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/dunafun.jpg

I'm looking for a permanent home for our latest arrival (the lovely Malteaser AKA Molly from Spud's Mum - intro thread to follow) and was intrigued by this cage when the new owners of her sister dropped it into our house last weekend so that we could settle Molly's sister into it before she went to their house on Christmas Eve (if that all makes sense). It's bigger than it looks, seems very well made and seems like an interesting cage all round. If anyone's got one I'd love to know if you can fit a wodent wheel in there with both shelves in place?

Another possibility is this one:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/60_1.jpg

Ignore all the tubes over the top (I'd just have them at the side) but I really like the look of this cage after seeing Internet Nobody's at Kingswinford show. It's bigger than it looks (61cm x 38cm - plus shelf and ventillated "bedroom") and just looked really cool at the show.

Otherwise Molly gets an Imac Fantasy or a Gabber Rex - I have four Rexes (3 in use) and six Imacs so I fancy a change as long as Molly will be happy in that change!

What do you all think?

souffle
12-28-2007, 05:07 PM
We have looked at the duna fun for Sonni but there were some major issues with the lid. It will not clip on the the side and would be quite easy for a determined ham to lift off. There were three in the shop set up. Two had the clips holding the lid broken with people trying to fit them and the other had a large hole in the side of the clear plastic lid.
I'd go for the hamster heaven which is now reduced to nearly the same price as that duna fun at P@H!!

ad36
12-28-2007, 05:23 PM
I have the Duna Fun for two of my hamsters and think they are great. I have never had any problems with them. I have the medium sized silent spinner in both of mine and they fit ok but dont know about wodent wheels. They have a great deep tray for digging and tunneling etc. My two like running around the tunnel. The only thing I would say is that I can never get on with the sippy bottles and have replaced them with regular ones. This cage never seems that popular on forums and I think it is a shame as its a good cage. They can be expensive so shop around but mine cost £29 pounds (new) which I think is good value.

Basia
12-28-2007, 06:14 PM
I bought one for Sid but took it back. It is impossible to fit a large wheel in without taking one of the shelves out and I also had problems with the grill on the top.

Holly
12-29-2007, 03:38 AM
I'd go for the hamster heaven which is now reduced to nearly the same price as that duna fun at P@H!!

Hmmm.....how much is that then Souffle? I'd still love to give the Hamster Heaven a try - though I've no idea where I'd put it!

I'm thinking of giving the un-named second cage a go as it looked fab when I saw it for real and I'm dying to know if it's as good as it looks. If it's unsuitable as a permanent cage for Molly I could keep it for separatring litters into - though hopefully it would be ok for her.

Basia
12-29-2007, 04:42 AM
Hamster Heaven is £59.99 in our P@H at the moment.

souffle
12-29-2007, 07:50 AM
If you have or pick up the P@H magazine I think there is a voucher for another 10% off too on purchases over £30. It does look a great cage though as you say Holly is is rather large. Pophammy is clutching her Christmas pennies here looking hopefully towards one :roll: I rather thought it was £49.99 in ours but am not positive on that one as it is likely to be the same nationwide.

Holly
12-29-2007, 09:44 AM
I decided the HH was still a little steep - especially as I'm not sure where I'd put it - so I've gone for the ebay no-name cage and ordered it earlier this afternoon:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/60_1.jpg

Hope it's as brilliant as I remember it being!