PDA

View Full Version : Bacardi - the grumpy man

fluffymunchkins
10-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Thought I'd do a little thread for my chinesey man as he often gets left out (well actually he refused to pose for photos ;))
Yesterday he decided my hood was the perfect place for a nap (sorry its so dark)
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx57/Piggylicious2009/Bacardi/111020-202856.jpg

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx57/Piggylicious2009/Bacardi/DSCF2689.jpg

"oooh hello Hamster central!"
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx57/Piggylicious2009/Bacardi/DSCF2688.jpg

"I is a sneaky snake, not a hamster"
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx57/Piggylicious2009/Bacardi/DSCF2690.jpg

:mrgreen: x

emilyweb
10-21-2011, 01:20 PM
*rolls eyes* men ;)

Hamtastic
10-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Bacardi is such a funny little guy! Huge eyes, cheeky expressions! What's his personality like versus your winter whites and Treo? Chinese hams are a mystery to me!

fluffymunchkins
10-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Hes completely unique :D
It took a lot of getting used to when I first had him and it took some time before he settled. But now hes much calmer to handle than the others, he wouldn't ever bite me (hence I can even clip his teeth). However he does love a good zoom round when he gets the chance.
He is refered to as a 'little monkey' not only for his character but how he clings onto me and wraps his tail round my finger.
In contrast to the others, I haven't the foggiest when he will be up and hes very fussy about treats (dog biscuits and chicken usually go down though), so i have to go with the flow!

Yeah...I'm a chinese convert and I love him to bits ;) x

Womblehands
10-21-2011, 03:46 PM
His eyes are amazing!!! I love seeing your hamily, they are so loved it cheers me up to hear from them.. Hows Treo doing?

princessbarbie1988
10-21-2011, 03:47 PM
What a gorgeous little man you have!! I love how big his eyes look in the third pic, he looks a bit like a bush baby with eyes like that. His colouring is beautiful too!! It's cute that he clings to you!! Would love to see pics if he ever stayed still enough for one ;)

Hamtastic
10-21-2011, 03:47 PM
I wish I had hams who'd stay on my bed and not zoom to the nearest edge :D I've tried many times, but it's just not safe :(

racinghamster
10-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Bacardi is lovely. :) My Prinny also plays on my bed running in and out of my feece bed jacket and a few other things I lay out for her to play under! Chinese hamsters are much more like mice in character than other hamsters are. I call her everything except hamster because to me she`s a little bush baby or a mini a possum! :mad:

fluffymunchkins, you say you have to trim Bacardi`s teeth? Is there a reason for this? Does he have dental issues?

fluffymunchkins
10-22-2011, 06:21 AM
Thankyou :mrgreen:

I wish I had hams who'd stay on my bed and not zoom to the nearest edge :D I've tried many times, but it's just not safe :(
Hes the only one I trust on the bed. During floortime I have to watch him like a hawk though ;)

His eyes are amazing!!! I love seeing your hamily, they are so loved it cheers me up to hear from them.. Hows Treo doing?

Treo's a little rough at the moment, bless him <3 But hes getting spoilt and still seems to be very comfortable :)

Bacardi is lovely. :) My Prinny also plays on my bed running in and out of my feece bed jacket and a few other things I lay out for her to play under! Chinese hamsters are much more like mice in character than other hamsters are. I call her everything except hamster because to me she`s a little bush baby or a mini a possum! :mad:

fluffymunchkins, you say you have to trim Bacardi`s teeth? Is there a reason for this? Does he have dental issues?

Hehe, yeah they seem a lot like mice!
His bottom teeth are slightly wonky and also white which suggests root damage (he doesn't bar chew or anything so i'm not sure why). I took him to the vets first time round to be shown what to do and since he was so relaxed I decided to try myself, which takes me a bit longer but still goes well. Now it seems they are wearing down better and hes eating much better actually, but I still keep a close eye and I might do them every so often if needs be.

racinghamster
10-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Oh dear, poor little guy. I was aware that degus should have yellow teeth and not white, but I was`nt aware of it in chinese hams? Degus need a sugar free diet aswell so perhaps there is a link. Makes sense really.

Hope you don`t need to trim his teeth too often! As you say, it`s a matter of keeping an eye on his teeth and any signs that he`s off his food.

Amethyst_ice
10-22-2011, 08:39 AM
heheh snakey lol xxx

RachK
10-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Aw he is so sweet. I love his huge black eyes & his coat is lovely. :)

Vectis Hamstery
10-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Aw, hello little man :) Bacardi is as handsome as ever. His mummy waves a paw (she likes chicken too!)

AliKati
10-23-2011, 03:33 AM
He's so sweet. THOSE HUGE EYES! hehe

fluffymunchkins
10-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Thankyou :) His eyes are pretty amazing!
His Human auntie came home for a week from uni, so hes getting lots of cuddles x

Hope
10-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Lovely to see these photos of the little guy Mel, I would love to have a little sleepy hoodie hammy of my own! lol! :D

Munch
10-24-2011, 01:44 PM
He is so beautiful!!

vanilla-yazoo
10-24-2011, 02:09 PM
he is gorgeous!! :D those big eyes! the snake impression! my diddy one pretends she is a swift, darts everyone having fun lol! she loves doing treadmilling on hands, didnt want to stop! dose bacardi like this?

fluffymunchkins
10-25-2011, 10:44 AM
N'awww bless her :) No Bacardi zooms round, but as soon as I pick him up hes still as a rock :mad: x

vanilla-yazoo
10-25-2011, 01:43 PM
maybe its just her then, she is really confident already! i got her sunday morning and monday she is climbing me and my sis, treadmilling over 4 hands.. is this a syrian in chinese clothing? haha!!
is he good at picking up? she prefers a tube or log, then comes onto my hand.
how big is he? i have only had pah chinese, i dont know how much bigger the breeder babys are :D