PDA

View Full Version : Help!

lisaluvsgreys
12-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I have been very worried about my boy, popcorn. He is 3.5 years old and very affectionate. Lately, he has been lethargic and seems to be losing his balance. He still is eating and drinking water, but he is just not himself. Does anyone have any advice to help Popcorn? The other morning he woke up with sleep on his eyes too. Could he have allergies? He has never had any problems before this....

suga
12-10-2007, 03:28 AM
Lisa - I've replied on your introduction thread :-)

souffle
12-10-2007, 09:29 AM
He is an incredible age for a hamster. If he was a human he would be about 120. You have obviously cared for him and loved him so much. I think that sadly, his time for the bridge is near and you should treasure the time you have left with him. Keep him warm and quiet and let him sleep. Make sure he has some soft food near and offer water to his mouth from the bottle or a tiny piece of cucumber. You can try and bathe his eyes open with cooled boiled water but if it distresses him I would leave it. The best place for him is warm and secure amongst his loved ones. I hope his path is gentle when his time comes.

lisaluvsgreys
12-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Thank you for the encouraging words! Popcorn died yesterday morning. :( We miss him so much! I cannot believe how much a part of our family he was.

Basia
12-15-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. You must have taken very good care of him to have him live for 3.5 years.
RIP Popcorn

souffle
12-15-2007, 03:25 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Popcorn died where he was loved and secure. You gave him a wonderful live and he is now playing happily at the bridge. RIP Popcoorn

suga
12-15-2007, 05:30 AM
Aww thats sad - what an amazing life popcorn has had though and to get the age he did was brilliant. RIP little one and heal fast wishes to you and the family.

lisaluvsgreys
12-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Thank you so much Everyone! Your support really means a lot to me. Merry Christmas!