PDA

View Full Version : Is Easibed suitable to put on the bottom of my cage

katemuppet
12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Is Easibed suitable to put on the bottom of my cage as I already use this for my guinea pigs and it's realy good thankyou xxx :roll:

souffle
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I am not familiar with Easibed Katemuppet. Could you give us a description? Is it like chipped straw? Quite a few people use aubiose which is like finely chipped young maize straw bits which works well with hamsters. I would not go with hay personally if it is like hay as it can contain mites/ fungus if has been strored damp and this can make hammies develop infections or allergies.

Jane
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Someone asked this on a piggy forum recently (maybe it was you lol) and we weren't really sure. To be honest I'm not sure what easibed is? Is it flakes of wood? If so is it sharp or not?

I think it is pretty safe to assume that aslong as it isn't sharp it will be okay for hammies too.

babyboos
12-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Easibed is used for horses and I know some people who use it for their small animals too - it is like Megazorb comes in huge bags, hence if you have one hamster not practical really, but if like you, you have guinea pigs etc too, then you can certainly try it and see what reaction you get from your hamster.

katemuppet
12-05-2007, 02:45 PM
yes it was me who asked it on the guinea pig forum and i was asking whether i could use it because i already house my 2 guinea pigs on it aswell as my chickens so it kind of made sense for my 5wk old cosmo

katemuppet
12-05-2007, 02:47 PM
This is their website http://www.easibed.co.uk/ it is basically like wood chips which as been made from recycled wood palates and dust extracted many times

DonnaB
12-06-2007, 08:58 AM
I have foster rabbits (plus my own) as well as a hammie and I looked at Easibed at the weekend. I'm pretty sure its ok to use but Aubiose is apparently more absorbant for smaller animals as its finer??? (so they said at the farm).

I'm so far, fairly happy with the Aubiose and its looks a damn sight better than the carefresh I used before I made my mind up! :D