PDA

View Full Version : Sleep well Grace

AngelAmes
10-11-2011, 10:14 AM
I didn't want to write on here for a while because I felt so bad and upset.
Two weeks ago my little robo grace had a horrible wound on her back, as soon as I noticed it I raced to the vets. The vets was quite small and the vet said she was so small so antibiotic amounts would be very small.
I had to bathe her back twice a day and give her a drop of antibiotics once a day for 5 days, after 5 days it hadn't really healed much and if anything was getting worse even though I was bathing it really really well twice a day with the help of my boyfriend (robos are wriggly).
I went back to the vets and she didn't know why it wasn't healing so gave me some more stuff. The whole of this time Grace was herself and was still dashing around her cage and eating, drinking and playing.
Sunday night I noticed she had slowed down and wasn't active for as long and by Monday morning she was sitting in the corner with her head on the floor :( it was so distressing to watch and i was so upset. The vet said they could not give her any pain relief as she was so small and it would probably kill her :( I picked up some stronger antibiotics and gave them to her immediately. But unfortunately she passed away just before midnight last Monday :( I'm still so sad but tried to make her as comfortable as possible on her last night.

I can't help thinking it was all my fault. Everyone who knew my robos said that maybe she had something wrong with her anyway because she never grew from when I got her (she was half the size) and she didn't heal properly and that I did all I could for her.

Sleep well my Gracey, I didn't know you long but you brightened up my life.

emilyweb
10-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about poor little grace :(
night night sleep tight xx

Noodle
10-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Sorry to hear this :( Don't think it was your fault, you did everything you could for her. She'll be happy now with lots of robo's to play with. Rest in peace Grace xx

Debbie
10-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Sleep well little Grace. xx

souffle
10-11-2011, 01:45 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I think you gave Grace a wonderful life and you did your very best for her. She knew she was loved and she knew how much you tried so don't beat yourself up. Nobody could have done more.
Play well at the bridge Grace x