PDA

View Full Version : Gypsy

Queen Of The High Teas
10-07-2011, 02:11 PM
My gorgeous little Chinese girl, I am so, so sorry. I had only just put you in your new tank after doing a switch around with the gerbs, and you were running about exploring so happily. Then, just before locking up for the night, I decided to put a wooden log bridge in your tank, and tragedy struck. You were stood on top of the wooden ledge when the stupid bridge dislodged and fell on you. It knocked you off the shelf and you twisted as you you fell, then you had a fit and stopped moving. I took you into the house for the night where I could keep an eye on you, and I held you in my hands to keep you warm and willed you to to be ok, but after 20 minutes your breathing slowed to nothing and within seconds you passed away in my hand. I am distraught, I wish I had never,ever put that bridge in your tank, you were only 7 months old ,so happy and full of life and suddenly it was was gone just like that.I feel so guilty, I'll never forgive myself for what happened to you - I blame myself and always will for causing the death of such a beautiful little creature.My heart is broken, I loved you so much, I will miss you forever and will never forget you. Play and run free at the Bridge with all the others before you little Gypsy. Goodnight girl, I am so sorry, please forgive me. xxxxxxx

http://i51.tinypic.com/200a4qg.jpg

GYPSY 16.4.2011 - 7.10.2011

Sleep tight little one so loyal and brave
I'll never forget you nor the love that you gave
Run at the Bridge but don't go right through
As one day I'll be there to cross it with you

emilyweb
10-07-2011, 02:36 PM
oh my gosh I'm so,so sorry for your loss.
You must feel horrific right now but you can be safe in the knowledge that she didn't have to suffer for months from a illness and that she was loved in the life that she had and will be greatly missed.
Emily *hugs*

Flissy
10-07-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this :(

I'm sure she didn't suffer and she had a lovely, happy life with you.

Pompompoms
10-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm so so sorry, I can understand why you're so upset. Please please don't blame yourself, you would never have intentionally done anything that would have caused your beautiful girl harm, and were just trying to enrich her life further. That just shows what a great hammie mum you are.

I lost one of my babies at a week old from something with hindsight I could have prevented, but again at the time is was only through wanting to do the very best for them. I know how heartbreaking it is, she will know you'd have never hurt her she'll be playing with all her new HC friends at the bridge now, but will see you again one day xx

rokchick03
10-08-2011, 01:39 AM
This literally brought me to tears :'(. I am so sorry for your loss. Like Pompompoms said, you were trying to enrich her life further so please don't blame yourself.

Your little girl knows how much you love and care about her.

Big Teddy Bear Hamster Hugs!