PDA

View Full Version : Obstacle Course for Hamster

belfus
09-30-2011, 10:03 PM
I made this obstacle course for my daughter's hamster using scrap materials from around the house. The only thing I purchased was the plastic tubes that come with the cage.

Enjoy!

YrFnnP91Hss

CAB
10-01-2011, 02:35 AM
fantastic!!!!!!!

emilyweb
10-01-2011, 02:59 AM
looks good but that last bit might be a bit scary for them :(
think if you had just had a good time on your obstacle course them all of a sudden you where at alton towers ;)
TTFN xX

Clare
10-01-2011, 01:09 PM
That's brilliant! My hamster wouldn't go in a straight line like that.

I love how the hammy isn't phased by the rollercoaster part at all, just having a wash lol

Explorer
10-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Great course and the video is too cute :)
I think Hermoine would thwart me and jump of mid course :)

LoveMyHams
10-01-2011, 10:14 PM
I wonder if the hammy liked the ride at the end? It didn't seem to mind...

Mine would totally have jumped off or fell somewhere along the way ;)

HisMajestyK
10-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Ahaha! Brilliant!
Kubus would never complete that, I bet he wouldn't even climb up the stairs he would simply walk away ;)

I love how in the rollercoaster part the hammy wasn't scared at all. It was just calmly munching on a seed like a pro :D

belfus
10-03-2011, 07:53 AM
thanks everyone for the comments!

and just to reassure you, we tried a few "test runs" on the roller coaster beforehand from several different heights, and violet never seemed to be scared. ;)

purple_x
10-05-2011, 02:39 AM
I love it!
It's great how hammy gets on the mini rollercoaster and just doesn't seem bothered at all!!

And aawww your daughter is so gentle with the hamster, it's nice to see children handling animals and doing so properly.

Keflan
01-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Thats pretty epic, the end part was the best but a shame the hamster got scared. Im looking into making my own ground obstacle course, just get a wooden base and put some wooden blocks in random areas to make a little maze :)

Gizmo_Gonzalez
01-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Thats pretty epic, the end part was the best but a shame the hamster got scared. Im looking into making my own ground obstacle course, just get a wooden base and put some wooden blocks in random areas to make a little maze :)

Got scared? Were we watching the same clip?
He didn't seem fazed at all. On the contrary he seemed blase about it. Sitting washing/eating at the end the second it stopped. A scared hammy would be looking around alert and anxious, or completely frozen in place.

That ride was epic! What a superham takling the course like a pro who'd done it a million times. I was expecting him to jump ship or back track. I never expected him to complete it. Well done to the designers!

fluffymunchkins
01-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Thats really well done :)
I was worried about the end part, but its seems he wasn't bothered by it!

I have no doubt mine would just jump off the sides, your little one was brilliant x

kirst
01-04-2012, 10:02 AM
That was AMAZING!

Womblehands
01-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Very well put together, are you expanding it? mine would never use it properly.. They would turn round mid way and walk back

sully
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
I really enjoyed that....it reminded me of the squirrel advert on tv a few years ago!

Hamstermadhammy
03-10-2012, 03:32 AM
Oh my gosh, that's just soo brilliant!

acapae
03-10-2012, 05:56 AM
I don't think I could manage to get a hamster to do that! :lol:
Anfreda used to have fun doing bits of rat agility, but only the ground-based stuff.