PDA

View Full Version : Guinea Pig Forums?

SnuggleHam
11-20-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm very interested in guinea pigs. I've been seriously considering a new kind of pet for a while, something I've never owned before. Ive been very much drawn to guinea pigs, perhaps its because they remind me of over sized hamsters... nevertheless, Ive been reading up on their basic needs thus far and watching lots of entertaining youtube videos of the charming creatures. Ive fallen in love with their little chatters and squeaks and wheeks and the mysterious popcorning effect!

So far my impressions of pigs from what I've seen is that they are full of personality, unique rodents with a very interesting history O.o and they generally always appear to have nice sleek and clean looking coats and very handleable. Ive looked at and adopt a pair.

I'm curious if anyone know of any good pig sites to recommend! I'm enjoying reading about peoples experiences with pigs and browsing pictures. Im pretty sure there were a few members here who owned pigs as well?

babyboos
11-20-2007, 02:53 PM
one of the most popular is The PetWebSite though there are hundreds out there like there are for hamsters. Check out the American Guinea Pig Clubs sites - I am sure there must be at least one - as clubs are usually a source of good, well researched knowledge, and will normally have forums which are fun and educational, with reliable information.

monalipschitz
11-20-2007, 04:54 PM
I have 4 piggies: 2 boars and 2 sows who are all adorable (but then I would say that, wouldn't I?). They're such fun, but so addictive and time consuming - I've lost hours watching them; 'popcorning' is hilarious. I've found them quite hard to tame, I still can't put my hand in their hutches without 3 running away :( but once they're out they love eating cucumber and snuggling up.

Anyway, I'm rambling now, back to websites. The Guinea Pig Forums (http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/) are a fab community of piggie lovers.

Jane
11-21-2007, 10:26 AM
I have 4 piggies: 2 boars and 2 sows who are all adorable (but then I would say that, wouldn't I?). They're such fun, but so addictive and time consuming - I've lost hours watching them; 'popcorning' is hilarious. I've found them quite hard to tame, I still can't put my hand in their hutches without 3 running away :( but once they're out they love eating cucumber and snuggling up.

Anyway, I'm rambling now, back to websites. The Guinea Pig Forums (http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/) are a fab community of piggie lovers.

I agree, http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/ is fab ;) (*cough* no I'm not addicted to the forum :lol: :roll:)

lau200
11-22-2007, 03:53 AM
i'm fascinated by piggies too (and i'm planning to steal Beauty and Pepper from Jane :x ) and i joined that forum to learn more. it's very helpful and the members are nice. haven't been on in a while though :oops: but we are getting some when we find a nice house (i'm very picky :oops: ) with a garden for them to play in

Bailey-Benji
11-22-2007, 10:59 AM
I have piggies too, they make lovely pets. So gentle and cuddly with their own characters (just like big fat lazy hamsters that love to snooze and eat :lol: )

They're expensive (cost a small fortune in veg and other supplies) - but they're definitely worth it.

Piggies are naturally shy (i.e if they're in a run, they might run away when they hear you approaching) but once out of the cage - they're lovely.

Mine will be 5 in April, I've had them since they were 6-8 weeks old. Woah, time fllies.