PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie saying 'Hi'

monalipschitz
11-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I've just joined so I've come to say 'hello'. I'm Lexa and I'm new to hamsters. Very new, I only got my first one yesterday. He's a male Russian Dwarf called Minski. I'm bowled over by how brave and courageous he is - he's eaten and sat in my hand several times already, I was expecting a lot of work to tame something so small :shock:

Anyway, must stop rambling. Hello!

Basia
11-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. Perhaps we can see some pictures of Minski when he has settled in? We all love pictures. :D
Sounds like you are doing a great job of taming him.

leigh
11-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi and welcome.
Good to read that you can already handle your little hammie. Did you get him off a breeder or pet shop?

Spuds Mum
11-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi and welcome to you and Minski! Hope to hear all about him soon!

monalipschitz
11-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys :D

I've had a go with the camera but only taken a couple of pics (http://www.lola-lola.co.uk/v/hamster/).

leigh, I got him from the Pets at Home near by. He was all alone in his cage. He came straight over to me and licked my finger. Love at first lick ;)

Are all hamsters this friendly? I've only had mice before and they were always quite nervous.

Spacemonkey
11-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Hello!! Nice to meet you :wink:

I'm new here too so we can be newbies together :D

Looking forward to your pics

suga
11-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Welcome to hc - enjoy

souffle
11-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Hello and welcome. Your new hammy is a real cutie and he looks like a sapphire Winter white russian. Glad to hear he is so friendly already and looking forward to seeing more of the little sweetie :lol:

Holly
11-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi and welcome from me also - he really does look like a little cutie :)

monalipschitz
11-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks so much for the welcome :D

Thank you for the identification too souffle, I'd been wondering what he was technically.

Spuds Mum
11-18-2007, 02:51 PM
I know I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but, without seeming too dim for words, can I ask where the photo of Minski is? I would love to see him, but can't find him anywhere?
(its like that old joke about keeping an idiot in suspense.... :oops: )

monalipschitz
11-18-2007, 02:58 PM
I know I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but, without seeming too dim for words, can I ask where the photo of Minski is? I would love to see him, but can't find him anywhere?
(its like that old joke about keeping an idiot in suspense.... :oops: )

Sorry, I should have made them a bit clearer.
they're here: http://www.lola-lola.co.uk/v/hamster/

Spuds Mum
11-18-2007, 11:27 PM
:oops: well I can only blame the fact that I had a long day yesterday :oops: today I can clearly see the link named as pics!
And he is a lovely boy! I love the one of him sitting in his bowl :x

babyboos
11-20-2007, 06:29 PM
what a lucky boy to have found you
and I am so glad you are able to hold him already
do let us know when you take more pictures

oh Welcome to Hamster Central by the way - we hope you enjoy being our newest member :wink:

pophammy
11-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! Your hammy is gorgeous!