PDA

View Full Version : Sour has passed....

jayne
11-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Well myself and my partner have just buried our little Sour :cry:
My partner had went to check on her and when he moved her bed she didnt move. We last saw her on Wednesday night, i had filled up her food bowl and she never normally empties her bowl straight away so i didnt think anything of it. She is the quieter of our two chinese and we know not to think anything of it if we havent seen her in a while as shes so timid, even though we've had her for 16months.
On looking at her, she passed in her sleep, curled up in a ball.
The only thing that has got me confused is that there was dried blood coming out of her nose and the botoom of her feet looked like they had the same. Can anyone please help me identify what this could be?

R.I.P my little Sour power, you will be sadly missed :(

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/jayne83/sourcosy.jpg

lau200
11-17-2007, 05:32 AM
awww i'm sorry for your loss, she was a cutie. sleep tight Sour x

suga
11-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Jayne - so sad :-(.

souffle
11-18-2007, 01:45 PM
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of little sour. Sometimes a chest infection can cause some bleeding from the nose and she may have wiped her paws on it before she passed to the bridge. I think though it was her time and she left peacefully so treasure your memories. RIP Sour. :cry:

Christine Yule
11-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I have never had Chinese hamsters and so I don't know what common ways of passing but I have had many Syrians who have had strokes and died. Many times, I see a little watery blood on their nose and on their paws if they happen to wipe their nose.

So sorry of your loss. She is absolutely beautiful in the photo!

babyboos
11-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Very sorry to hear your sad news
rest in peace little one

Hana
11-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Oh Jayne I'm so sad on hearing the loss of Sour, I love looking at the pictures of your chinese hams.
Wonderful hamster who will not be forgotten.
RIP Sour x x x