PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please :)

Emma&Bee
09-10-2011, 10:09 AM
I made the silly mistake of going to P@H to pick up some bedding and looking at the hamsters. I couldnt help but notice that in one tiny cage there were several Russian Dwarfs and one was out on its own away from the rest of the sleeping group. After asking a member of staff I discovered they were the remainders of a litter that a breeder had not been able to sell on! So I just could not resist taking some. There were 5 all together in this tiny cage and i decided because there was an odd number I would just take the one which was sleeping on its own. Apart from the woman in the shop droping her on the floor when getting her out of the cage, she seems really settled! And really tame. She is happy to be picked up at is content being stroked and handled. But my question is i have only ever had dwarf hamsters in pairs. Is their anything extra you need to do to make sure dwarf's are happy on their own?

Emma

LoveMyHams
09-10-2011, 10:27 AM
She'll be just fine by herself. Lots of toys and attention and she'll be as happy as can be! Picture of her?

Emma&Bee
09-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Here she is! My daughter named her Luna :)

RachK
09-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Awwww Emma she is gorgeous & so cute. She will be perfectly fine on her own. All four of my dwarfs live separately & are very content. :)

MzWiz0915
09-10-2011, 11:18 AM
She is gorgeous!

firedrake13
09-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh goodness!!! How cute is she?!!! All my ham's live on their own, and they don't seem to mind it one bit. :)

Hope
09-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Aww look at her little face!! She is so sweet!!

She will be fine on her own as others have said. None of mine have seemed to mind anyway! :)