PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks!

Jane
11-03-2007, 01:23 PM
What do you think of fireworks? Do you like them or do they annoy you?

I hate them...they've been going off for weeks round here but really badly last night and tonight and it sounds like a war outside! It's giving me a headache :( Patch hates them too, he's terrified. The guinea pigs rumble every time one bangs too :(

I think they're pointless and a waste of money...if people want them why can't they just be set off on Bonfire night then we only have to cope with the animals being terrified for one night not two months :cry:

Jane

souffle
11-03-2007, 02:20 PM
I agree with you there Jane and I can't imagine how much pollution they must cause too. Outside here is like a thick fog tonight. What a waste of money which could be used for better things. However from another point of view lots of people get a lot of pleasure from them I suppose. Our animals are fine as we have never made any fuss and just pretend they are normal and ignore them but I know may people who's animals are just terrified.

Jane
11-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah I know a lot of people like them but if people just went to proper organised displays in their village/town, or even if they just set them off on Bonfire night then atleast it would only be one night!

Patch was fine last year but hates them this year..we too just ignore them and just leave him to it and act like nothing is happenig but he's still scared bless him :(

Holly
11-03-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm not a big fan of them to be honest, they are incredibly expensive and the noisy ones are irritating at best and really frightening to a lot of animals (as well as downright dangerous - I've seen many burns from fireworks in my 14 years in A&E :( ) in the wrong hands.

However the boys LOVE them :roll: ...what can I do but take them to an organised display tomorrow :?

pophammy
11-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Arghh I hate them! I'm always scared that they are going to off in the wrong direction! :? They also terrify the animals and they are pointless! Maybe a few on the actual day is all right and at New Year but that's it! I always stay indoors when they are going off!

Spuds Mum
11-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm not a fan either Jane. I think they are a pointless, expensive way of causing accidents each year.
And they seem to get bigger every year.
I would like to see fireworks limited to organised displays only. Too many get into the hands of irresponsible people.
Mind you this could always be because I had a firework fall into my wellies when I was wearing them when I was a child (luckily I didnt get burned). It was a 'jumping jack' they dont make them anymore but they used to jump around on the ground :cry:
So I've always been a bit scared of them myself.

And I really dont like bonfires either - not just because of the human safety, but I worry about hedgehogs being caught inside them poor things.

lau200
11-05-2007, 09:23 AM
i can't enjoy them as i used to when i was a child because of the number of injuries they cause to both humans and animals when used incorrectly. i wish they were banned because i have a heart attack every time one goes off-never mind my terrified animals!

babyboos
11-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I wish they had the restricted to only set days and times - at this time of year it gets dark very early so I don't see the need to still be banging away at 10pm!!! I am fed up running up the stairs to comfort my screaming baby who has been woken up yet again by a firework!!! It has been days now he hasn't had an undisturbed sleep.

Spuds Mum
11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I wish they had the restricted to only set days and times - at this time of year it gets dark very early so I don't see the need to still be banging away at 10pm!!! I am fed up running up the stairs to comfort my screaming baby who has been woken up yet again by a firework!!! It has been days now he hasn't had an undisturbed sleep.

Poor baby and poor babyboos! I guess if he hasn't had an undisturbed night that means someone else hasn't either :? Hopefully it will stop after tonight......maybe :roll:

babyboos
11-09-2007, 01:13 AM
fingers crossed the local kids have exhausted their supply....