PDA

View Full Version : Nibbles has gone to Heaven

Coco1
10-29-2007, 07:15 PM
I just wanted to let those who knew Mr Nibbles, from times when I posted frequently a while back, that he died today. I can not talk about it much right now because its just too upseting but wanted to let you know.
He was, in my opinion, one of the most photogenic hammys here! :-). He was my buddy. I'm going to miss him so much.
He declined quite a bit over the past few weeks but did not seem to be in pain. The past few days he just wanted to sleep and I let him. I moved all his food and water close to him but eventually he just wanted to sleep. I kissed him at lunch time today then covered him up and "tucked him in" and a few hours later he had passed in his sleep. I tucked him in with all his bedding and his carefresh and made him as comfortable as I could. I buried him today in an area of our garden known as the "Secret Garden", a quiet, secluded corner of our garden with lots of flowers and butterflies. May he rest in peace.
Man this is hard. He was the best. Just wanted to let you all know. I'll try and talk more tomorrow. :cry:

SnuggleHam
10-30-2007, 03:26 AM
Awww so sorry Coco, and yes nibbles was well loved on this forum and was one of the most photogenic hams I have ever seen! Probably one of the most adorable hamsters ever to live! Nibbles will be missed. I'm sorry for your loss but at least you know nibbles lived a wonderful ham life.

suga
10-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Sad :-(

Coco1
10-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks Snuggleham & Suga. I'm feeling a little better this morning, but such a headache!
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot, didn't think about it till after, so if you need to move it to the rainbow bridge section go ahead.
There is an empty space in this room where I type, he's normally right behind me. It will seem strange for a while. :(

lau200
10-30-2007, 09:00 AM
aww i'm sorry but i'm sure he knew he was loved and i doubt there was anything more you could have done for him. sleep tight Mr Nibbles x

Coco1
10-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks Lau, all your kind words help a lot :-)

souffle
10-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I am so deeply sorry to hear of the loss of sweet Mr Nibbles Coco. I remember him well and the lovely picture Snuggleham drew of him which you will have to treasure. He had a wonderful life where he was loved and his path to the bridge was gentle and peaceful. You will always carry him with you in your heart. Rest in Peace Mr Nibbles :cry: :cry: :cry:

pophammy
10-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Oh no, not Nibbles! I'm really sorry to hear about him, he was such a character on HC, and I'm sure all our original members will remember him. You may remember Nelson. He also sadly passed away in September. Nibbles sounds like he passed peacefully, and knew that you loved him right up till the end. R.I.P little man, play happily with Nelson and Bailey at the bridge. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Coco1
10-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Souffle, Thank you. And yes, I have his portrait in a frame that snuggleham painted for me and I treasure it! Its not every day a hammy gets his portrait done! :-)

Pophammy, I'm SO sorry to hear of Nelson also, he was a cutie. They were all "classmates" together from the start! I'm sure they're all playing happily together like you said! We'll always have great memories of their little lives.
Thank you again.