PDA

View Full Version : Burying the food bowl...

Roxie
09-03-2011, 04:17 AM
Anyone elses chinese do this? Shiloh cracks me up with it.

Each morning without fail the food in her bowl is covered over with Megazorb. It's so precise! Almost like she's picked up each bit of 'zorb and gently arranged it in the bowl. There's the layer of food then a layer of 'zorb and the substrate around the bowl hasn't been dug into.

It's totally adorable, almost like she's making sure no one gets her grub. It's the precise nature of the thing that I find so endearing :mad:

racinghamster
09-03-2011, 04:23 AM
My mouse Maisy does that! Prinny does`nt bury or cover her dish but she does tend to dig under it! :mad: I often wonder if they remember where their buried stash is!!!

Vectis Hamstery
09-03-2011, 06:06 AM
Many of mine do this too. I came back from a trip away to find the pet sitter had given them a second bowl, obviously thinking that I had forgotten to put one in! Cheeky little hams :)

Roxie
09-03-2011, 06:22 AM
See, this is why I've fallen so hard for Chinese. They do such endearing little things <3 :D

CoolcatNatNat44
09-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Honeydo my syrian does that it annoys me since i have to change the food every day lol :mad:

shazzy
09-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Yes! Willow does this! Funny little things ;) I love watching her picking up bits of tissue and popping them in her bowl

Funny enough, she is fascinated with tissue - it's like she had never seen it before she came to me, she loves it

SnickersTheFirst
09-03-2011, 10:14 AM
I scatter feed so Bailey doesn't have a bowl but he enjoys burying all of his toys. :mad:

blackrose87
09-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah my female hamster does that

fluffymunchkins
09-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Bacardi is a good boy and doesn't bury his bowl...actually I just put it on the shelf so he can't ;)

The WW's are always doing it though :roll:
The first night I had Squishy and Squirt i gave them a water bowl, the nest morning I couldn't even find it! Had to dig right to the bottom of the cage.

MzWiz0915
09-03-2011, 02:56 PM
My syrians do this :) It's so funny

Gloria was very OCD about puting all her toys away in certain places and all her food/treats/edible chews in the food dish before going to sleep in the morning. Then she would bury the lot to hide it for later! I used to get such amusement out of putting a treat on the other side of the cage and watching her collect it and put it where it belonged. Same with her toys on cage cleaning day :D

ashari
09-03-2011, 04:31 PM
My Eve doesn't do it but like, racingham said,my mice did!:)

Quedos
10-17-2011, 07:13 AM
my wee one does it - spent 5 mins last night searching for squeaks- start to worry I hadn't put it in

Roxie
10-17-2011, 11:03 AM
She's stopped burying it now, well, almost. She still puts a few of the bigger bits of Megazorb in it.

However, she has decided it's a great idea to poo and wee in her bowl. She still eats the food out of it, doesn't phase her at all :rolleyes::mad: