PDA

View Full Version : Harry

Holly
10-29-2007, 03:16 AM
I can't believe I've never properly introduced our cat, Harry, to you all. He's just turned five and is very independent, spending lots of time outdoors via his own back door (catflap!).

He came to us as a five week old, effectively feral, kitten - he was born on a farm but they had no idea they'd got him until the day before we met him so he was wild when he came home. He's still extremely cautious with people he doesn't know but very affectionate with Will and I - he'll sit on our laps for ages, his favourite place to be - apart from where he is in this picture:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_5181.jpg

He's named after Harry Potter - I didn't realise until it was too late that by naming him that I'd given myself a William and a Harry :oops:

Basia
10-29-2007, 03:29 AM
Should we be calling you 'Ma'am' then?
He is absolutely stunning, I love ginger cats. Our very first cat looked just like him. Well done for getting him friendly too, where I used to ride as a teenager the kittens just turned up at about 8 weeks of age from wherever the mum had hidden them and some of them were never possible to tame.

Jane
10-29-2007, 04:02 AM
Awww he is gorgeous - he looks so happy sat there :)

I love ginger and white kitties :)

souffle
10-29-2007, 04:39 AM
What a sweetie. He looks very like our cat Kennedy! Seems we all like hamsters and cats here (well all animals really) :lol:

Spuds Mum
10-29-2007, 11:41 AM
He looks quite 'majestic' Holly and he is a lovely rich marmalade colour.
Our old man Smudge is also very independent and 'goes walkabout' quite regularly. We are quite worried at the moment as he has been missing for about 2 weeks (though he has scared us in this way before).

Holly
10-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Our old man Smudge is also very independent and 'goes walkabout' quite regularly. We are quite worried at the moment as he has been missing for about 2 weeks (though he has scared us in this way before).

Oh no! I hope he turns up safely. They are amazing creatures and they do know how to look after themselves.

Harry regularly disappears for a couple of days and gives me a scare - his record is four days and I was really upset as I really thought he was gone for good.

souffle
10-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Kennedy sometimes goes off and we don't like it when he is not in at night. I was once walking out with the dog and met Kennedy being admired by some girls. They were discussing how he came to their houses and they fed him as they thought he was a stray :shock: We wondered why he was so large. I think he has several houses. Sometimes it is pouring rain and he comes in warm and dry. Cats!!. Cidie however barely goes out but prefers to sit practically on the Aga cooking herself. :lol:

Spuds Mum
10-29-2007, 02:33 PM
We've noticed that he has been putting on a bit of weight recently so we think someone has been feeding him, so hopefully he is just visiting someone who spoils him. I know he gets fed up sometimes by being surrounded by the female cats (they all love Uncle Smudge and wont leave him alone!). Its just that this time of year, with fireworks etc. he is usually in more than out. But I am not going to panic too much yet. No doubt he'll turn up with a look to say "what's all the fuss about?" :x

Jane
10-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Thankfully Patch has never dissapeared...the longest he's been gone is only like 16 hours, like 7pm - 11am but we were really worried even then...can't imagine him going for longer :( He is always in at night, well, we aim for him to be..he has spent about 4 nights outside and always comes back the next morning like a starving kitty covered in dirt too :roll:

lau200
10-30-2007, 07:05 AM
gosh what a stunning kitty :D he looks very contented :lol:

pophammy
10-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Aww, he is gorgeous! Are you sure you haven't stolen our Kennedy? :wink: Great pic!