PDA

View Full Version : It hasn't really hit me until now...

DeweyTheHammy
08-29-2011, 01:53 PM
how much I miss little old Dewey ): I'm so used to dropping all my school stuff on the floor and just going straight to his bin to let him out for a bit to play. And even if this sounds silly, I enjoyed falling asleep to the sound of his wheel or him drinking from his water bottle.

I buried him yesterday under a nice pretty tree, with a few hawk feathers I found on the ground.

I miss talking to him, telling him all the things I can't say to anyone else, and how every time he escaped his bin, he would just go sit under my desk and stare at me, not even go anywhere. (except his week long "vacation" living behind my bookshelf ._.)

Dewey... I hope you have fun up there with Nancy and Bloo and Georgia, and all the other passed hams that all of you from here have lived with.

A lot of you watched Dewey grow up, because he was still a baby when I started on HC ): He'll always hold a special place in my heart

<3

http://i55.tinypic.com/n3mesn.jpg

ClareNdarhams
08-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Awwh, I hope you feel better soon, he sounds like a very special hammy :( xx

Sammybingo
08-29-2011, 02:10 PM
You'll never really stop missing him, but that's him staying in your heart. Most of the time when I think about Chewy now I smile, but sometimes I do feel sad. But it's less painful now. Took a while though.

It sounds like you gave him a beautiful resting spot, and it's lovely to imagine our lost ones playing together in hammy heaven :)

x

Hope
08-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Its just time, thats all. Let yourself cry if you feel like it, but dont be afriad to smile and laugh when you remember the good times. I still forget that Boz is gone, like just for a few seconds, then I'll be like 'oh, yeah, hes not here is he' and that makes me a bit upset. But I know that he is waiting at the bridge for me, and probably having a great time stuffing himself silly with mealworms!

Pompompoms
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Ah it's tough, you never stop missing them, and sometimes it hits harder than others. I often am convinced Minxie is The Cloud as she's the image of him, and in his old home at the moment. Obviously when she doesn't charge at me and try to eat me I realise, plus she's tiddly, but it's that sudden 'oh it's The Cloud' moment, and the joy followed by the downer.

Big hugs to you, Dewey was so so lovely. He'll be having the best time at the bridge xx

Hamtastic
08-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Dewey was such a gorgeous ham. I can completely understand why you would feel sad to lose him. But you can feel proud that he spent his life with you, giving you lots of special moments to remember. He looks like someone who was not down with Boring, and I'm sure he's having mischievous Fun at the Bridge now :D

KawaiiRodents
08-31-2011, 11:18 PM
R.I.P little one!