PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bag of Harry Hamster

Holly
10-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Just thought I'd share this with you all - it's not Harry Hamster's fault (or the people who make it rather, you know what I mean).

Tonight I opened a new bag of food - and the awful smell coming off it was enough to warn me something wasn't right :shock:

I looked again at the bag and found a large hole near the bottom - which some enterprising ( :roll: ) Wilkinson's staff member had sellotaped up. So basically, though I'm sure they'd never tape up a hole in a sealed (and packaged in a protective atmosphphere) bag of food for human consumption, they thought it was ok to do it to pet food.

It's quite obviously gone off rather badly. I don't know what it would have done to my hamsters had they eaten any. I'm just glad I spotted it and it's going back as soon as I can get it back with a strongly worded complaint from me :roll:

babyboos
10-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Glad you found out as quick as you did but hope you weren't nearly out and have time to get it swapped before you run out of your last bag - even using the same food I always mix some from the old bag with the new as there are differences between batches. Also hope they give you something in way of compensation, as you say, they wouldn't do that to a bag of cereal for human consuption - well you hope not!

souffle
10-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Good job you still have your sense of smell Holly. I am sure they will take the complaint seriously as they always seem very good in that way. I have seen human food 'taped' up in the cheap items section in various supermarkets so it is not unheard of to do this with human food. I guess as long as it is consumed quickly in theory it should be OK but then you never know what was on the object that caused the burst in the first place.

Spuds Mum
10-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Thats quite bad - I hope they take it back without fuss.
I had a split bag really work for me once though. I bought a big bag of cat biscuits and as the girl moved them down the conveyor the bag pulled open on the top. So she got me a replacement and they wouldnt let me buy the damaged pack. I watched the manager take the bag, sellotape it up and put it on the reduce aisle. 5 minutes later I got a £3 bag of cat food for 80p and I knew exactly how long it had been open and that none had spilled out! :x

agatecrystal
11-26-2007, 06:13 AM
It's a good job you realised when you did and the hamster didnt get ill.