PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mum

Basia
10-10-2007, 03:04 PM
I have had some really good news today. My eldest son (older than his twin brother by 8 minutes) has been working in Japan for the past year and I have missed him unbelievably. It was when I was feeling really down a few days after he flew out last year that I bought Basil. He was planning to stay out there for a few more months but there have been a few problems with the Company he works for and today I got a message to say he is coming home on the 30th October! :D :D :D

souffle
10-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Awww great news Basia. It must have been hard having him so far away......now are you going to have to move the hammies out of that bedroom after all :lol: :lol: :lol:

babyboos
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh you must be so happy to have him home for Christmas
Hope the problems aren't anything too serious
I bet he will miss Japan it is an amazing country

Basia
10-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys. He has had a really great time in Japan. Unfortunately his company is very unstable at the moment so he has decided to come back, although I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back again at some time in the future. He won't be home for too long I don't suppose but it will be nice to have him back in this country, Japan does seem an awfully long way away. :D He does have his own bedroom, souffle, although I will have a few problems when they are all back at Christmas because my youngest usually moves into the little bedroom which I have now hijacked!

babyboos
10-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Threaten them with the attic - children of course not the hamsters... Pity the person who has to sleep with them... I have tried in the past - those wheels reach a pitch which goes right through your brain at 3AM :wink: :roll:

lau200
10-11-2007, 01:59 AM
that offspirng will have to invest in earplugs :D works wonders for me :lol: that's really nice he'll be home soon :D

sthomas048
10-11-2007, 03:04 AM
What a great Christmas present for you Basia. Good news. I love Japan, i went on holidays there in 2003 and will never forget it.

Stephen.

Holly
10-11-2007, 03:05 AM
I'm so pleased he's coming home, Basia :)

Spuds Mum
10-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Its wonderful Basia that your fledgling will return to the nest for a little time.
You always need them to be independent and you want them to find their own way in life, but at the end of the day they are still your very own little boy/girl.
Stock up on the wash powder as I am sure you will have a ton of washing to do when he gets back (no matter what the age, sons always seem to love Mums to do their washing!!)
:x

Basia
10-11-2007, 04:30 AM
I've booked a week off work to do his unpacking and washing!
Stephen, where did you go to? Dave was based in Osaka but did a fair bit of travelling around the country. His twin went there for a holiday in April with his girlfriend who is Japanese. (one twin lives in Japan, the other one has a japanese girlfriend - its a twin thing!) and they went to Tokyo then travelled to Oasaka, Hiroshoma and loads of other places. The photos are stunning.
Thanks for all your good wishes. Will buy some ear plugs just in case. Am thinking of moving the bed into the other room. Dave and my youngest will have to bunk together while Steve and Nana are staying I think. :wink: Will be better than sharing with the hamsters anyway.

sthomas048
10-11-2007, 08:55 AM
I stayed in the Tokyo metropolis area generally, which is huge in itself. Went to Shibuya, Ueno, Akhibara, Ginza, Omotesando and Shinjuku. My favourite bit was outside of Tokyo, i took the "pilgrim route" through Kamakura and visited many temples and shrines, it was magical, unforgettable. I would love to go back one day. I would love to live there actually ! :lol:

There are some photos from my stay in Japan here -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8047574@N0 ... 806947195/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8047574@N03/sets/72157601806947195/)

- mostly on the 4th, 5th and 6th rows.

Basia
10-11-2007, 09:48 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/n704995503_322659_6773.jpg

:D

pophammy
10-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Great news. Hope your son had a good time and I'm sure you will be thrilled to see him again! :D