PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Tight Hercules :(

laurajane
08-26-2011, 04:21 AM
I thought that even though he passed before I joined this site, he deserves a memorial. he was such a special little guy.

I remember the day I went to choose my hamster, i was lonely at Uni and wanted a friend and someone to look after and decided a little fluffy critter would be perfect (especially since we weren't allowed pets!! :rolleyes:) I walked into PAH and went to look in the hamster section, they were all fast asleep and so i asked a worker if i could look at them. So she opened up the tank and lifted up the little house that they were under, his two friends woke up when we opened the tank but he was still fast asleep flat on his back with his legs in the air and mouth open :mrgreen: he made me giggle the first minute i saw him, he then proceeded to strut over to the edge of the tank where i was yawn right in my face and do that cute little leg stretch they do :) i knew he was the one!!

so we bundled him up into his little box and off we went, he scrabble and chewed and dug to get out all the way home (a real trouble maker!)

he took a while to settle in and was quite nervous but we bonded and he learnt to trust me. He was the best companion and always made me laugh, he really was a strange little thing.

He travelled back and forth with me to Uni a couple of times before i finished for good and he came home with me, i was so pleased that he wouldnt have to go on the boat anymore.

Then two weeks after that I went to his cage to give him a yoghurt drop (they were his favourites and i had just bought him a new bag) and he was gone :cry: all curled up in his nest like he was asleep. i was distraught, he was only six months old. I cried constantly for about three days and not wanting to believe he was gone I sat with him and a hot water bottle trying to wake him up in case he was hibernating. After three days I finally had to admit to myself he was gone. He got a lovely wooden box filled with bedding, the hammock my nanna made him, his favourite toys and some food. including his bag of yoghurt drops. He is now buried with our family dog in the apple orchard, where our huge rose bush grows.

He will never be forgotten and was loved by so many. He was a real star who was taken way before his time.

R.I.P Hercules.

laurajane
08-26-2011, 04:22 AM
p.s. sorry for such long post... got carried away!! and i could have kept going. lol xx

Gillzy
08-26-2011, 04:29 AM
Aww he sounded like a lovely chap. :( It's so sad when they are taken from us so young. RIP lovely little Hercules. x

princess-rhi89
08-26-2011, 09:12 AM
So sorry for you loss xxx

Noodle
08-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Sorry to hear this :( He's absolutely beautiful, and very photogenic x

fluffymunchkins
08-26-2011, 09:44 AM
He sounded so very special, its usually the best hamsters that leave sooner than planned. He was obviously meant to be one of Gods great angels xxx

Pompompoms
08-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Oh he sounds so lovely, like he was sent to you exactly when you needed him, and so special he needed to go back as soon as you were settled home again.

I'm sure he's been having an amazing time at the bridge xx

laurajane
08-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words :) im so glad i joined hamster central and met such a lovely bunch of crazy hamster people xx