PDA

View Full Version : Apollo.

Gamina
08-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Apollo may not have been a hamster but I feel like he needs a memorial all the same. I'm not part of any rat sites so I felt I should leave it here.
Apollo was the greatest rat that you could ever wish for, he was only 7 months old but the 6 months he had with us have been amazing. I remember the day he picked us at the pet shop and hid at the back of his new cage with his brother. He was the boss of the cage and of me as well. He would even squeak when I picked him up and he felt he hadn't had enough playtime! He was a little heart breaker and as I look at his brother sitting lonely in his cage I know I will not be the only one missing him :(

Apollo passed away with the help of our vet this afternoon. He has suffered a stroke in the early hours of Saturday morning and despite the vets best efforts he never recovered fully. Me and my OH took the decision to put him to sleep this afternoon after a very trying and emotional day. As hard as it was I know it was for the best.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/ncfc309/Pets/SANY1237.jpg

LocoRocoPanda
08-24-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Apollo. :( I was hoping he'd pull through.

I hope Starbuck will be okay. *hugs*

Roxie
08-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Oh no, I had been thinking of Apollo and willing him on, hoping he'd improve. So sorry for your loss, he was a gorgeous boy x

fluffymunchkins
08-24-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear he lost the fight :( I had really hoped he'd pull though.

Sleep tight rattykin, you were a brave soul xx

fadedpages
08-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, I was really hoping he was on the mend.

Look out for Zell at the bridge, Apollo, I'm sure he'd love to play.

*hugs to you, your OH and Starbuck*

Pompompoms
08-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Oh I'm so sorry, sleep tight little one. Gamina you did the kindest thing we can ever do, help them pass with all the love in the world xx

Teddybearhamster420
08-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Oh so sorry to hear, Hope your ok, same with starbuck. *hugs* xx