PDA

View Full Version : How cute is the Gabber Lux cage?

Spuds Mum
10-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Well in a previous post I told everyone that Bramble's Dad's Winter White Ice was in a Ferplast Laura which she seemed to enjoy. Yesterday though I happened to 'pop' into my local pet-shop to see whether my new Gabber Rexes had arrived. They hadn't and so I was just looking around when I saw the Lux (yes I've seen it before but have dismissed it against the larger Rex).
I thought it looked just perfect for Ice and so she is now residing in her new cage and luuurvving it!
She loves the house (although she does launch herself out of the window rather than the door a little too much) and she doesn't seem to miss the bars at all as there is so much else to do.

I will post a photo tomorrow hopefully!

Sorry - just thought I'd share
:oops: :x

souffle
10-05-2007, 10:51 AM
We have Sonni in a lux as she is not a very large hammy. A silert spinner will sit on the prong things which does her fine. We don't have the space pod bit and have taken the wire loops off in case her feet got stuck in it. We also added pipes into the tube holes so just loves to crawl through them. even though we have a spare rex we dont move Sonni as she seems so content in the lux and she is out a lot anyway so gets plenty running about. It will be perfect for your dwarfie.

Spuds Mum
10-05-2007, 11:10 AM
yes, the only thing I was worried about was the wire 'springs' but have kept them in for now and Ice seems fine with them though we will keep an eye on them. We put a grass house in for her, but she has settled into the round space pod and seems very comfy in there, though I couldn't see them being siutable for a syrian.
She already had a mini silent spinner and it fits perfectly. We thought it might sit a little high for her but obviously not by the amount of time she has spent using it since we moved her in!

Holly
10-05-2007, 12:55 PM
We've got Sparrow and Turner in a Lux each now since separating them - I think it's a fab cage and they both seem to be happy and doing well in them.

I've kept the wire springs for both of them (very well pulled through) and they both use them to climb up to the shelf levels in preference over the ladders. I don't use the little house as both of them ignored it and built their nests under the right hand shelf in matching corners!

I'm sure Ice will be very happy in it :)