PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye sweet girl. :( (not a hammy..)

Briser
08-17-2011, 08:34 AM
This isn't a hammy but I wanted to pay tribute to my beautiful dog, Molly.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/297893_10150280529506545_606491544_7938009_6024319 _n.jpg

My parents got me her as a present when I was 8 years old. She was 11 years old. (77 in dog years!) We had to put her down. She was usually a good spirited dog but when she was out on her leash she got off and turned on the man who fills our oil tank. :(

I feel horrible, my parents didn't even tell me what happened until this morning. (I was working all day yesterday and at my boyfriend's house all evening.)

I didn't get to say goodbye to her. If it was my choice I wouldn't have put her down, but I didn't even get a say in it. My parents were scared she would get off again and attack someone else or a child. The SPCA wouldn't take her because she was vicious... I hope this was the right thing.

HamstersOfHell
08-17-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your dog, it's always hard to lose a pet in that way and not get to say goodbye. I never got to say goodbye to my German Shepherd but I still have the memories of her to make up for that and I hope it will be the same for you. x

snugglyjen
08-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Thats so sad that you didnt get to say goodbye but that photo is great and hope this is the way you will remember her...

Briser
08-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks guys, that pic was just taken a few days ago. :(

So hard to believe that she's gone...

Hope
08-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Goodness how awful.

I am so sorry, she was a beautiful girl.

RIP Molly x x

Briser
08-18-2011, 12:41 PM
I have been thinking about her all day... I've teared up about 4 times at work and had to hold back from crying. On my lunch break today I went home to eat and saw the spot where we buried her in the back yard and just wanted to go and grab her and hug her.

I miss her so much. I miss seeing her wag her tail when she saw me. She was such an amazing dog. I don't think it was her time to go. I can't help but feel so much anger towards my parents for doing this. :(

Pompompoms
08-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Wow that is horrible and so shocking for you. It's perfectly natural that it's going to take you some time to adjust. Let yourself grieve naturally and in the right way for you for as long as it takes. I'm so so sorry for your loss, Molly was a beautiful dog xx