PDA

View Full Version : Is this enough space for a hamster?

pharnok
09-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I have decided to make my own ham cage from a bin. Is this a good setup for a Syrian or should I put in more ham toys?
http://www.frankvalenzuela.com/pic2.jpg

Holly
09-29-2007, 01:02 AM
It looks pretty fantastic to me 8)

It looks a good size and I can see a well ventillated lid - plus you've chosen a wonderful wheel (my favourite!).

As for toys you could always get a couple more and rotate them so the hamster gets a bit of a change from time to time.

Who's the lucky guy going in here then?

souffle
09-29-2007, 01:59 AM
It looks good and roomy. Well done. You could add a 'shelf' using a cardboard box with two sides cut off which you could ditch if it got dirty!.

Spuds Mum
09-29-2007, 02:11 AM
It looks very roomy and a lovely set-up. As it has got nice high sides, you could try putting in a shelf to increase floor space. We have in the past made a maze type of criss crossing cardboard/tubes in a low cardboard box and then cut a hole through the top so that the hamster then can wriggle through the lower level and then escape to her roof garden where we put food and treats! We put this in one of our bin cages and it was a great success both as a maze and a shelf :P
Yes it got chewed and didn't last very long, but then we just replaced with other toys to keep the interest.