PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood is coming back to our screens - yipee

babyboos
09-28-2007, 02:34 PM
sad the amount of TV I seem to have watched over the last year, but one thing that I looked forward to at the weekends was Robin Hood, being a huge fan of the old series with Michael Praed all those years ago.
It is coming back soon to BBC1, hope it is as funny as before. I really liked Lily Allan's dad as the sheriff.

Spuds Mum
09-28-2007, 03:12 PM
ooo Michael Praed - you've suddenly brought back some nice memories! :x Liked him more than Jason Connery (it was him that did it too wasnt it?) (have to say I like his Dad more)
I never get to watch TV at all we spend all our time in the hamster/computer room (cant you tell? :oops: ) and though we have TV in here the screen is also used as Arti's PC monitor so is usually in use for shooting aliens, doing quests whilst pretending to be some sort of elf etc. :x
But I may just venture downstairs on to watch this - at least for a week or two to see how it goes. Thanks for letting me know - you are a very useful TV guide! :P :lol:

babyboos
09-28-2007, 06:16 PM
no just a sad new mum who had to give up a lot of her hammies, and semblance of a social life! but all you guys talking of babies is really making me jealous. I have had three litters this year so far which is nothing, I could have this a month easily in the past. I will definitely have to get back into the swing in Spring because I have had so mnay people get in touch and have to go away dissapointed. There aren't that many good breeders in central Scotland sadly, and we never had a September Show in Scotland like normal either. I fear HAMSOC may not be with us much longer :-( Will have to try and convince other half that we need to go to Yorkshire more!!!

Yes Jason did it after Michael, but like you I preferred Michael.

Spuds Mum
09-29-2007, 01:43 AM
Aww Babyboos - I've been there too and of course it is all about priorities. And no-one can ever overestimate the amount of time and energy it takes to be a new mum (though it is all worth it of course!)
I'm sure you'll get there in the end - it does get easier after the first 18 months or so. Spring isn't so far away now.

I often wondered whether there were any shows in Scotland..the Northern HC covers such a large area but mainly the shows seem to be in the middle of its area.
I don't know much about the Hamster soc, but I got a message from the BHA (when I put a link on my website) saying that it was likely to be disbanded. Such a shame :cry:

Oh and did I say it gets easier after 18 months? Silly me, of course I meant 18 years :shock: :? :P

Basia
09-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Oh and did I say it gets easier after 18 months? Silly me, of course I meant 18 years :shock: :? :P
I'll second that, my youngest is 17 now. I'm thinking of putting a link to his myspace on my website to let him be a terrible warning to prospective parents!
Seriously though Babyboos, after a while it gets easier to be a mum and do the things you enjoy too.