PDA

View Full Version : Beauty has a lump :(

Jane
09-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Beauty (one of my guinea pigs) has a lump on his back end (next to his grease gland)..it about the size of a small marble and is hard. I'm hoping it's just a cyst (which are apparently harmless if they stay small but if they get bigger they need to be treated (but treating them isnt that hard so I'm told)).

Have got an appointment at the vet on Thursday at 5:30pm (which my wonderful nannan is taking me too, she's so kind lol :P)..I wanted an appointment earlier but can only get there in the evening and this is the earliest I could get. (oh and I don't want to take him to another vet that I don't know anything about).

So yeah, send him healing vibes please and lets hope it's nothing serious ;)

Jane

souffle
09-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Poor Beauty. I hope it is just something simple that is easily fixed and he will soon be feeling well again. Graet to have such a lovely nana. All god wishes for Thursday Beauty.

Jane
09-24-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm pretty convinced it is a cyst...there are people on piggy forums whos piggies have had them for ages and have just been told to leave them by their vet so hopefully this will be the same. Fingers crossed ;)

Yep my nannan is great :D When Tic needed to go to the vet she took me then too :)

Holly
09-24-2007, 01:23 PM
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for him as well, Jane - I know how beautiful he is and I know from our two how lovely and sweet piggies are. Good luck.

Spuds Mum
09-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Poor Beauty. Will think of you on Thursday and already sending all sorts of good news and healing thoughts telepathically to you and to Beauty, just like you did for Chip Jane. I hope he is ok xx

lau200
09-28-2007, 08:28 AM
i hope Beauty's ok

Jane
09-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks guys.

Good news :D Took him to the vet last night and we have decided it is probably just a fatty lump :) It is best to leave it be unless it's get considerably larger or starts to bother him :)

Spuds Mum
09-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Oh thank goodness for that Jane, you must be so relieved! Glad little Beauty is alright :lol: I'm sure you will be keeping a very close eye on him and spoiling him a little after being prodded and poked by the vet x

souffle
09-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Great news Jane and what a releif for you. Three cheers for nannan too for taking you and Beauty. I am sure he will be fine now and your mind at rest. Our dog keeps getting these fatty lumps too but they never bother him :roll:

Spuds Mum
09-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Our dog keeps getting these fatty lumps too but they never bother him :roll:
If only someone would tell me my fatty lumps were nothing to worry about :oops: :roll: cause they certainly do bother me! :x

Basia
09-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Our dog keeps getting these fatty lumps too but they never bother him :roll:
If only someone would tell me my fatty lumps were nothing to worry about :oops: :roll: cause they certainly do bother me! :x
He he, me too.
Pleased to hear Beauty is ok, Jane. I hoped that would be the case, I had a sow with a lump on her back for years and it never did her any harm at all.

babyboos
09-28-2007, 02:30 PM
so glad to hear it is nothing serious
hopefully it doesn't bother her and either goes away naturally by itself, or doesn't get any bigger and troublesome