PDA

View Full Version : My first bin cage ideas <3

belle3.
07-30-2011, 11:45 AM
ive been thinking for a while now that i want too make an amazing bin cage for my flower once she has the babies :)
she is in a cage similar too the mini duna but a tad larger?x
this is just for her birthing cage xx
but as a present for her once shes had the babies i want too make a nice bin cage for her, shes a adult syrian hamster so can somebody please send me some/a link of exactly what size/bin i need? & what shelfs i need?<3
thank you very much!! \\:D/

Hamtastic
07-30-2011, 11:53 AM
IKEA Samla large box is good :) (lid sold separately at IKEA too)

79cm long.

belle3.
07-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Thank you i will look this up :)xxx

Hamster Hermit
07-30-2011, 12:43 PM
you can get boxes from anywhere realy but its always good to get the biggest one you can- especialy when your gona have plenty of little pups running around soon! (not sure if you said once your miss has had the pups or not:D)
About the shelves you can make them yourself realy out of pieces of pine or MDF or you can just buy the cheapy ones you can get from most places either way you may want to just plastcoate it(you can get this from wilkos) or you can just coat them a couple of times with pva( the credit for that idea is to someone else though i cant remember who). In doing this it prevents urine from soaking into the wood and rotting it which urine can do to wood easily.

belle3.
07-30-2011, 01:14 PM
yeah once shes had them and there in there own cages:)xx
it can be a present for her for being a good mummy (hopefully)xx
and ye, i will probably just look round wilkos <3

kyrilliondaemon
08-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd go for the biggest box you can find. You'd be surprised what you can make a good bin cage out of if you need to though - Finding appropriate materials is a nightmare where we are and we managed fine with Scamp's extension (although we still need to upload pics here and mention it, are waiting until we're done building cages though since soon we'll have three done - only Scamp's is plastic based though).

Any local DIY store should have shelves you can use. Or bits of wood you can use to turn into them lol