PDA

View Full Version : Biscuit Wheel

hammydude
04-15-2005, 04:38 PM
I just relaced Biscuits wheel. I think the other was getting too small for him. :roll: I was planing on getting a Wodent Wheel, so while I was at school I got my mom to stop by PETsMART since she was going to Richmond (where our PETsMART is). I asked for a Wodent Wheel and some Chinchilla sand. She got back with a metal wheel and Chinchilla dust. It wasn't her fault, she gave an employe there the list to get my things. That was what the person got. :twisted: :? So when I go for the first time next month to get my dwarfs I will take both back and personally pick out my things. (It will be my first time in a petshop... ever. By the way I have only seen 3 hamsters in my life, counting Biscuits :shock: so I can't wait to go and see the hamsters.)

Here are a few picks of his wheels.

When I first got him

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/ChrisR1S/2005_0224Hamster0010.jpg

Last week

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/ChrisR1S/2005_0415Image0017.jpg

His new wheel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/ChrisR1S/2005_0415Image0019.jpg

babyboos
04-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Gosh Chris your poor mom, thinking she was doing the right thing and getting let down like that :oops: That new wheel is the nearly the same size as his current one, and as it is metal definitely take it back. Oh I hope you find somewhere better to get your new hamsters from - are there any rescue centres or breeders near you?

hammydude
04-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Babyboos, you think that when I exchange the wheel I need to get the 11'' Wodent Wheel instead of the 8''? I think that the one I had was 6 1/2'' and this one is 8''.

When I found him he was tired and thirsty! He was so tired he woke up at 12:30 PM instead of his usual 7:30 PM.

Also I've searched for breeders and so far been unsuccessful. As far as rescues I'm still looking also.

babyboos
04-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah looking again it does seem slightly larger. I would go for bigger if it will fit in your enclosure so the 11" if you can get it. If you can't the 8.5" Wodent Wheel should be okay as hopefully Biscuits has reached full-size now. Is he recovered from his little adventure yet? :oops:

SnuggleHam
04-18-2005, 06:31 AM
Stupid pet store employees, [-( If you wrote chinchilla DUST and Wodent wheel you would think that’s would means that those are the products you want!

hammydude
04-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Yes Biscuits has recovered from his adventure. :D

So I should get an 11'' wheel. isn't there a 11'' silent spinner? Is the SS really silent? Just wondering because somenights my mum fusses cause the wheel makes too much noise.

Candace I agree with you 100%!! If you work somewhere you should have knowledge of what you are doing and you should be able to take a list of items with the item numbers and pick out the items.

04-18-2005, 03:34 PM
We have found that the free standing wheels are rather noisy, no matter what brand they are. However, the next time you clean the cage, use a small amount of masking tape as an anchor. A touch on each side does the trick to stop the wheel from vibrating when in use, thus pracically eliminating the noise. Once covered with bedding, the hams won't bother with the tape. Also, use a slight bit of vaseline on the axel to act as a lubricant.

babyboos
04-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Yes Biscuits has recovered from his adventure. :D

So I should get an 11'' wheel. isn't there a 11'' Silent Spinner? Is the SS really silent? Just wondering because somenights my mum fusses because the wheel makes too much noise.

They really are very quiet with their special ball bearing system although I am sure the largest is 12" which is quite huge but hamsters have no trouble running it in my experience - if you think it would keep your mum happy I would go for it Chris :D