PDA

View Full Version : where to buy gabber rex cage?

Dollheart
08-28-2007, 06:28 AM
I cant seem to find anywhere in the Uk that sells them :(

can anyone help?

xlaniex

Holly
08-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Great choice of cage :wink:

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

They are available at certain online stores but you may now have a better chance of finding them in a local petshop known as the "Montagna Criceto Rex". I've no idea why the name has changed but I'm in Leicester and there are three local petshops that stock them and they all now have them labelled as Montagna. If your local petshop hasn't got them they might consider ordering one for you - mine does that.

I can't find any online or on ebay - maybe someone else has a link??

Dollheart
08-28-2007, 06:55 AM
Im in the North East near Newcastle :)

hmm..*goes off to hunt internet with new cage name*

xlaniex

Holly
08-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Hmmm...I've searched high and low and can't find one under either name online :?

If you can't find one either wait for Souffle or Pophammy to come online - they may have a link - hopefully.

The funny thing is that I saw them in two petshops this morning - piles of them - so they are around :?

Bunsey
08-28-2007, 09:32 AM
aside from keep checking ebay, the best thing to do is browse round teeny pet shops. 2 teeny pet shops near me had one in, just randomly one day!

souffle
08-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Sorry we can't help here either. We bought ours from the local small pet shop, the first one was in stock then they ordered another one. We have since then got them on line from e-bay. They disappear for a few weeks then come back so I am sure they will pop up soon. You could try contacting one of the on-line stores advertising the gabber lux cage as they often also stock the rex or can get them. We have also seen them in our local garden centre pet section on occassion.

Try these guys
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Criceto-Lux-Hamst ... dZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Criceto-Lux-Hamster-Gerbil-mouse-cage_W0QQitemZ230149606996QQihZ013QQcategoryZ1286Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem)

Bailey-Benji
08-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I got mine from ebay, but I spotted this the other day
http://www.amazinganimal.co.uk/hampster ... 22329.html (http://www.amazinganimal.co.uk/hampster-cage-mixed-colours-p-22329.html)

Dollheart
08-28-2007, 11:09 AM
oddly enough i was thinking on buying an imac fantasy cage + extension for my chinese hamster from that same seller >_<

i will ask if they can get a rex cage ins tock

xlaniex

souffle
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Well spotted Bailey-benji....the reason it did not come up on searches is because they have spelled hamster as hamPster!!!

Dollheart
08-28-2007, 11:31 AM
thank you! ^_^

is that the normal price for a rex cage???

xlaniex

Holly
08-28-2007, 11:32 AM
The seller that souffle linked to definitely used to stock the Rex as well - I remember as I nearly bought one from him around May time but he couldn't guarantee a different colur to those we already had. Hopefully he still has them.

Well spotted Bailey-benji....the reason it did not come up on searches is because they have spelled hamster as hamPster!!!

Duh! I've added that link to my favourites - just in case I ever need to order another online, say if the shops round here stop getting them in.

Spuds Mum
08-29-2007, 11:34 AM
I bought two gabber rexes last weekend and they were £34.99 each from a local retailer so I think the online stores price is comparible at £1 cheaper.
I have to say - they are well worth the money - I am absolutely delighted, and so is Butterbean who is currently residing in her luxury new home after being separated from her children. At the moment I cant see myself going back to anything else and just wish we had seen Pophammy and Souffles recommendations earlier!

souffle
08-29-2007, 01:00 PM
If you have an ,I think it is Brookers (maybe Batleys) cash and carry card they periodically have them in for about £15. I think that is why the small pet shops sometimes pop up with them. You could always phone up if you do have a card and check if they are in stock.

Pouchy
09-01-2007, 04:42 AM
There are two up for grabs on ebay. Just type Gabber into the ebay search engine and you should be directed to the auction pages. There's about 4 days to go before the bidding ends. They cost £15 + £10 for postage including all accessories.

They look good too.

Dollheart
09-01-2007, 06:41 AM
do you mean bookers cash and carry? not brookers?

xlaniex

Dollheart
09-01-2007, 07:31 AM
For the amazing animal online shop that sells them it comes to over £40 including postage *sighness*

I dont have a card for either of those cash + carrys, one of my friends has a bookers one so shall have to see if they sell them.

Otherwise i will have to watch the ebay ones i guess :)

thanks for all the replies, its really been helpful

xlaniex

Bailey-Benji
09-01-2007, 09:14 AM
I've seen them on www.thepetcorner.co.uk (http://www.thepetcorner.co.uk) as well, it comes to around 32 pounds including p&p, but they disappear from the site when they're not in stock! (Petcorner also has an ebay shop, but the cages cost more on ebay, probably to cover ebay charges)

(The site is down atm, but it should be back up tomorrow, and it'll hopefully still have the rexs!)

Basia
09-05-2007, 03:41 PM
There are two up for grabs on ebay. Just type Gabber into the ebay search engine and you should be directed to the auction pages. There's about 4 days to go before the bidding ends. They cost £15 + £10 for postage including all accessories.

They look good too.

Cheers Pouchy :)
I won these and as I live very close to the seller I am going to collect them so will not have to pay postage.

Holly
09-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Oooo, well done basia - I was considering at least one of them but then I won the Cambridge at such a bargain price - they look great though (we've got both those colour schemes already :) ).

babyboos
09-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I like when things come up close by and you can collect - I have seen me pay more for postage sometimes on eBay than the item itself costs!

Basia
09-06-2007, 04:16 PM
I like when things come up close by and you can collect - I have seen me pay more for postage sometimes on eBay than the item itself costs!
Especially hamster cages as they are so heavy. It's not often something comes up close to me though... I have now bought about 5 hamster cages on ebay at one time or another. One went straight in the bin though because it was disgusting. Make that 7 with these 2! The seller works in our town so he has said he is happy to drop them off tomorrow, I don't even have to go and collect them. :D

Holly
09-07-2007, 01:08 AM
I think ebay is brilliant for bargain cages - especially if you know what you are looking for and can find it locally. Many people don't know the name of their cage (or don't use it in their listing) and I've seen Imac Fantasies, for example, labelled as "Hamster Cage" go for next to nothing.

I'm picking up my five quid brand new Savic Cambridge today - from East Mids Airport which is about 20 mins from where I live! There's another one in Loughborough ending this weekend - if I like the Cambridge when I see it this afternoon I might go for that one as well. I always have my eyes peeled for a Rex in my area.

Pouchy
09-07-2007, 03:58 AM
All my cages have been bought off ebay. Postage charges are what it now costs at the post office to send them and usually they are bang on accurate so you are not being overcharged.
I am an addict now and can't stop looking even though I do not really need any.

Basia
09-07-2007, 06:15 AM
All my cages have been bought off ebay. Postage charges are what it now costs at the post office to send them and usually they are bang on accurate so you are not being overcharged.
I am an addict now and can't stop looking even though I do not really need any.
To be fair a couple of the sellers I bought from had made a loss on the postage because they had underestimated. I am just careful that with the cost of the cage and postage I am not coming too close to buying the cage new in the petshop because that would defeat the object. I too am an addict and can't stop looking, although I may need a lot of cages if I can't find suitable homes for my prospective babies. :oops:

MaryRobinson
02-17-2018, 05:01 PM
I have a white one of these now for sale if anyone is interested. I got it as a holiday home for Dora but decided to keep a different one. £25 on gumtree at moment- will consider posting it with My Hermes. :)