PDA

View Full Version : Better late than never !

ad36
08-23-2007, 02:46 PM
As I have recently posted a few topics I thought I ought to get around to introducing myself. I am a 38 yr old wife, mum and with a busy job too, find my hamsters are my stress release at the end of a busy day. My first Lucy a beautiful sapphire winter white was, if I am honest, an impulse buy and since then I have become as my son tells me OBSESSED! I have recently added to my family by adopting two roborovski brothers, now unfortunately in a cage each. So thats me and when my husband gets over the shock of three cages I hope to expand even more!! Enjoy the information from the forum and seeing everyones hamsters.

Basia
08-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi and welcome from me. :) I too bought a hamster on impulse last year and I now have 5 :oops:

Spuds Mum
08-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi and welcome, like you I also love my hamsters and find them a tiny corner of sanity in my otherwise manic life. I had hamsters as a child but it is only recently (after the kids nagged me to get a hamster) that the bug has bitten again, and it is incredibly addictive (10 so far, + a litter of 8 & a new boy coming on 9th september). My excuse is that I need every possible help to retain my sanity (and my family would agree!)
I am also new to the forum and think you will find that it is an incredibly welcoming and friendly forum as I have.
:D

Holly
08-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Hi and welcome from me also :)

I'm another of those "get a hamster (actually two) on impulse and let it expand to obsession rapidly" people - we now have six, have been to hamster shows and are planning to breed our female Syrian in September.

You Are Not Alone (as the Doctor Who quote goes :wink: )

ad36
08-24-2007, 01:26 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes. Its good too hear that I am not the only one who has been bitten by the hamster bug. I can certainly see the number growing as all of yours have. They certainly are addictive little things!

souffle
08-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Welcome ad and good to have you with us. I have had hamsters since I was a child now my own child is obcessed along with me. We only keep as many as we are able to give full time and attention to each individual. We have shown for quite a few years now and enjoy active club membership. Having lost a hammy recently :cry: we are now looking forward to a few new kids on the block. ....Caramel :wink: :wink: :wink:

pophammy
08-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am the child souffle mentioned, and yes I am OBSESSED!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D I have always liked all animals, but had a soft spot for hammies!!!!

suga
08-24-2007, 09:10 AM
welcome from me to you. Enjoy HC its the full of great info and very friendly humans. :D

Minicooper
08-28-2007, 03:11 AM
Hello and Welcome to Hamster Central