PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jenga - I'm sorry I wasn't there for you

Smysha
07-14-2011, 08:05 PM
I've been away for the last few weeks and I still haven't returned to good ol' Blighty yet. I always leave my hamster with a particular family friend when I'm not home. She is wonderful with her and I trust her implicitly. Unfortunately for the both of us Jenga passed away on the 11th July. She came home to find her food and water untouched and her lying there.

I don't know how she passed away. To hear my friend tell it Jenga was completely normal the night before. She had her play time out of the cage and noone saw any cause to worry. She was a year and eight months and though she was slightly slower she didn't show her age in other ways.

Jenga, I miss you. You were the most laid back hamster I've ever come across. Even when I teased you and annoyed you you always responded by licking my fingers. I can't believe I wasn't there to ease your passing. I wish I could have held you one more time. It'll be hard going back home to my room only to see an empty cage sitting there. I'll miss the way you always pressed your face against the cage when you heard me come in. You were my first hamster and I don't think I can ever keep one that'll be as sweet and as hyper as you. You seemed so healthy but this was your time to go. You've really spoiled me with your good nature. Play well across the bridge. And don't eat too many Dentastix!

I will never, ever forget you. Thank-you for giving me so much happiness and joy. You were there for me and cheered me up no end. I can only hope that I made your little life a happy one.

I'll miss you so much my dear friend,

Smysha

Hamtastic
07-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Rest in peace, Jenga.

I'm sorry tiy weren't there to say good bye, but I'm sure she knew you loved her, and by the sounds of it, she's had a fun life in a caring home, which makes her very lucky :)

Marshmallow
07-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Aw I'm sorry for your loss :-(

rockstar11p
07-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Rest in Peace Jenga. I'm sorry to hear about your lose :(

Pompompoms
07-15-2011, 04:01 AM
:( I'm so sorry to hear Jenga passed to the bridge, and I'm sorry you weren't there with her. It sounds like she went peacefully.

Jenga sounds like a lovely lovely girl who has been lucky enough to have a life full of love. Play well little one xx

Amethyst_ice
07-15-2011, 04:46 AM
Sorry to here this lovely, big huggles. You deffinately made her life a happier one and she made yours one also. She will be enjoying all the hammies from HC up at rainbow bridge xxx

AliKati
07-15-2011, 07:32 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, and that you couldn't be there at the end. But she sounds like a lovely, good-natured ham who had a good life with you, and she knew you loved her. Play well at the bridge, little one. x

Humphrey Furball
07-15-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm sorry about Jenga's passing, it sounds as if she went peacefully, which is a little comfort, and you know she was with someone caring. RIP little one x

Gillzy
07-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Play well at the bridge, Jenga, sweety. :( I'm so sorry you weren't able to be with her one last time before she left you. We're here for you if you need us!

fluffymunchkins
07-15-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your girly :(
I always loved hearing about her and I'll miss her.
Rest in peace sweetheart xx

mangoandmimi
07-15-2011, 01:10 PM
oh im so sorry, Jenga was a lovely little girl and will definately be missed.
RIP little one xxxx

selene16
07-15-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm so sorry about Jenga, rest in peace little one x

Holly's Mum
07-16-2011, 12:56 AM
It sounds like she had a lovely happy life with lots of love. Sorry for your loss, and sympathy also for your friend who must be feeling awful that it happened on her watch. Hope you have told her that you don't blame her in any way.

Gizmodo ^_^
07-16-2011, 08:37 AM
I am so sorry too hear this :(
sleep well Jenga xx

Smysha
07-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Thank-you so much for your wonderful condolences. I will put up some pictures and videos of Jenga when I get back home.

Oh, and Holly's Mum, I don't blame my friend at all and I told her myself many times. Poor thing. I am visiting my sister and we were out when this all happened. She called the house seven times before she got through to us. :(

Womblehands
07-16-2011, 11:55 AM
sorry to hear such sad news, rest well little Jenga