PDA

View Full Version : T-shirts :P

Jane
08-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Soo, I tried mentioning this to a few people but most of them think I'm a weirdo :roll: so yep, here I am ;)

I want to get a plain white t-shirt (or similar) and get some of those thingies (you know where you print out pictures and iron??? it on) so I can make a top will all my pets on it..what do you think?

I seem to recall that someone...pophammy maybe?? has done this. If you did hope you don't mnd me stealing your idea lol :lol:

Just think it would be a cute thing to do XD

Janeeee

pophammy
08-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Yes it would be me! Both Souffle and I have matching Custard Hamstery ones! We don't mind at all! I think you can get plain white tops in Primark or similar shops, and I would imagin you can get the transfer paper at either a computer shop like PC World or a stationary store like Staples, though I am not sure as Souffle normally buys it! She will probably tell you more. When you buy the transfer paper e sure to get it for light coloured clothing, not dark coloured as this doesn't work on light tops.

Jane
08-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Haha I'm glad you don't mind ;) Thought it was you! Think I will look at somewhere like Primark, they usually have that type of stuff (and really cheap too lol)...have been looking on ebay at transfer paper, it seems to be about £4-10, is that a "normal" price for it? Am gunna go do some googling :) Thanks :D

pophammy
08-06-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure how much it costs, as I said its souffle who buys it!!! :lol: I think she will be on this evening some time so will tell you. I will ask her anyway!

Jane
08-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Okily dokily :D

Any pics of yours? I know I've seen it but my memory is useless :P

pophammy
08-06-2007, 02:03 PM
This is the best pic I can find of me wearing it. Hmmm have looked for the actual design (I made it on the computer) but can't find it! :? Perhaps it's saved on a different computer! :lol:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/tshirtpic.jpg

If you would like you could send me some pictures and I could photoshop them into a design and print it onto a sheet for you and give it to you at Rotherham, then you can iron it onto your own T-shirt. This will save you buying a whole pack. We could also bring you some sheets so you could make your own designs. If you want to print pictures onto dark materials you have to get a different type of transfer paper, but this doesn't keep and goes flaky after a few months. My Email address is the same as my msn address (which you have) if you want to send me some pics. If you want a few sheets of the dark transfer paper I am happy to bring it as we have quite a lot which we won't use up. There are lots of different coloured T-shirts in Primark for only about £2 at the moment!

souffle
08-07-2007, 01:46 AM
I bought the T shirt trasfer paper in Staples Jane. It was about £10 but it was buy one get one free. Buy the all cotton T shirts at Primark or Matalan. The transfers do not stretch well so the lycra stretchy ones dont work so well. Just you wait when all your friends see yours they will be begging you to make them one. Pophammy makes her friends them for birthdays and they are always pleased with a personalised gift. With the light coloured transfer paper you need to mirror the image before you print and iron it on as you do it upside down but with the dark coloured one it is a film so you just print it straight on. The light coloured one does NOT work on dark. (we have tried :oops: :oops: ) The papers come with full instructions or as Pophammy said we are happy to give you a few sheets :lol:

Jane
08-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Ooh replies make me happy ;)

thanks for the offer pophammy - might take you up on it, am going shopping in a few days so will look out for some but will keep you in mind too :D

souffle - Ooh will look in Staples and see if they still have that offer on, I doubt it but hey you never know, they might have a different one on :P Will have a look in primark for the tops too. Thanks :D

(now I have a dilemma - I want to go to Primark, Staples and Pets at Home (I need a wheel for my cousins hamster lol)..they're all in different places...typical eh. Well PAH and staples are in the same place but that PAH is closed at the moment :roll:)

Holly
08-08-2007, 04:28 AM
It's a brilliant idea, Jane and Pophammy :)

Will and I are starting our breeding career (likely to only be one - maybe two - litters a year but it's still exciting!) in September - I now want to steal your idea and get t-shirts made for when we start :oops:

Jane
08-08-2007, 04:55 AM
It's a brilliant idea, Jane and Pophammy :)

Will and I are starting our breeding career (likely to only be one - maybe two - litters a year but it's still exciting!) in September - I now want to steal your idea and get t-shirts made for when we start :oops:

I'm not sure whether I just thought up the idea or got it from pophammy and didn't realise :lol: :lol: You should do it Holly ;)

pophammy
08-10-2007, 04:16 AM
Yes, you should make T-shirts!!! :lol: I think quite a few hamster people have them, I know Sheryl (from the Northern Hamster club) has a hamster racing one!!!

Holly
08-10-2007, 06:54 PM
I'll see if Will or I can manage to get a (good) pic of Caramel and we'll give it a go 8)

babyboos
08-11-2007, 05:17 AM
we used to give them to people as the more you make the cheaper it is
and eBay does the papers for so little :D
Primark, Matalan, Instores(Poundstrecher) all do such cheap t-shirts you can make one for about £2.50
I like doing vest tops too, anything with 100% cotton works well :lol: 8)
you could do pyjamas which would be really sweet :)
or get some fabric and do some cushion covers :wink: :? :shock:

littlemissdwarfhamster
08-11-2007, 02:22 PM
I did have a T.shirt and a tracksuit top with Midnight Stud on them but I washed them and they went all 'icky' - havent got round to sorting anymore. I really should though and i do think it looks cute at hammy shows.

Jane
08-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Just wanted to say I finally managed to get some transfers today...they were really cheap..ie free! haha :P I stole them from my grandad cos I asked him if he still had some from agggggges ago when I remember he made some tshirts (not literally stole :roll: I went nosying to see if he still had them then asked him :lol:)

Am gunna go to Primarks I think on saturday and pick up some tshirts :D

Oh yeah, they're the ones by HP - they look like this I guess http://www.inkandmedialtd.co.uk/acatalog/c6050a.jpg

Any ideas whether I need to print it out mirrored? like back to front kind of thing? The only instructions are about ironing it on.. :(

souffle
08-29-2007, 12:55 PM
In all the ones we have you have to mirror the image and any text for the white t-shirt transfers as you turn the paper over and iron on from the back.
With the dark T-shirt ones you just print it as normal as it is ironed on from the front with a silicon sheet (usually provided in the pack) on the top. Looking forward to seeing your handywork jane

lau200
08-31-2007, 06:17 AM
i never thought to make my own, i bought my transfer off ebay. it say "i love my chinchilla" :D i might think about making one myself. my family already think i'm mad :x

Jane
08-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Well hopefully getting a few tshirts tomorrow to do :lol: Not sure what side we're meant to bring onto, or whether it needs to be flipped, or which side to iron but hey :lol: :lol:

pophammy
09-01-2007, 11:42 AM
The side you print onto is usually plain white and the other has a pattern on. Ours changes colour when you iron it. The paper you have should give you instructions on printing it.

Jane
09-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Yes, it should have instructions, but my they're not in the pack so my grandad probably threw them away :roll:

Anyway, I had a dream, and in the dream I did it! it seems a logical way too so I'm gunna do it like it happened in the dream and hope it works out okay :lol: :lol:

pophammy
09-01-2007, 12:16 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's sone way of doing it! :lol: :lol: :lol: With our pack you have to print it reversed to the paper, but yours might be different! :lol: :?

Jane
09-01-2007, 12:20 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's sone way of doing it! :lol: :lol: :lol: With our pack you have to print it reversed to the paper, but yours might be different! :lol: :?

Well, in my dream we printed it out like flipped, so yeah like you're talking about, onto the white side, then we ironed it onto the tshirt, picture down..then pealed back the paper and it was done :lol: :lol:

I trust my dreams..kinda :oops: :lol:

souffle
09-01-2007, 12:27 PM
That sounds right Jane going by our instructions. You have to heat the iron up to a high temp with NO steam then place the transfer ink side next to the cloth. Put a sheet of paper in between the two sides of the T shirt in case the ink leaks through. Iron by pressing each area well and peel off as soon as it is all ironed. Leave 24hra then wash. I would hand wash in cool water as the ink can run.
Cool dream! :lol:

Jane
09-02-2007, 09:24 AM
It's done and it worked great :) We couldn't find a white top yesterday though (except weird ones which I'd be embarrassed to wear :P) so I got a yellow one..so it looks a bit strange but hey I don't care I like it :lol:

Am uploading pics at the moment ;)

edit: rightios..here we go :P

gunna try and get a white top tomorrow but still like this one :P

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/rainbow-twist/DSCN2341.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/rainbow-twist/DSCN2335.jpg

and ew hahaha :lol: i look so weird in this but anyway
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/rainbow-twist/DSCN2333.jpg

pophammy
09-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Wow, that looks great! Well done! :lol:

souffle
09-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Fantastic T shirt Jane. Your dreams really did come true :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spuds Mum
09-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Wow - it looks fantastic Jane - and a real 'one off' unique design! Brilliant.

Holly
09-03-2007, 02:22 PM
That is fantastic, Jane - absolutely brilliant in fact 8)

I feel inspired.......

Jane
09-04-2007, 04:20 AM
Hehe thanks guys :D I love it :lol:

babyboos
09-04-2007, 05:25 PM
the yellow is great Jane far better than white

major congratulations on a perfect job - you must be so pleased

Holly
09-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Are you going to wear it to Rotherham on Saturday? I want to get a good look at it as you have inspired Will and me to make our own 8)

Jane
09-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks babyboos ;) Think I'm sticking with the yellow, I don't really like wearing white :P

Yep Holly - I am ;)....wait...saturday?? I thought it was sunday?! Have I got the date mixed upp?? *runs off to look*

I'm sure you'll notice me so can come and have a look (cos if I notice you I wont come to you haha :lol: sorry..hope you don't think I'm ignorant, just really shy :()

edit:..I'm sure it's Sunday? In my thread - http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2138 (http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2138) - souffle said it was sunday? :D *hopes you've got the date mixed up otherwise I wont be there!* :(

souffle
09-05-2007, 11:07 AM
It is Sunday :lol:

Holly
09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Oh how embarrassing - I'm doing it again! Yes it is Sunday (and I should know, it's my birthday - duh :oops: )

Jane
09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Hahaha thanks guys for confirming that :lol:

Spuds Mum
09-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Well I think that everyone who saw Jane modelling her T shirt at Rotherham today will agree she did a marvellous job. Her cousin Trina was also sporting her own unique design (didn't notice a picture of your tarantula on yours though Trina!). They both looked fantastic.
I think with Pophammy and Souffle, Jane and Trina, you will be starting a craze - I can see a room full of specially designed T shirts for the Mapplewell show. I'm certainly going to suggest that Rosie designs some for us to wear! :x

Jane
09-09-2007, 12:04 PM
If there was a tarantula on her top I wouldn't have made it haha :lol: :lol: *shivers*

Yes, everyone make tshirts with your pets on them! ;)

Holly
09-09-2007, 01:09 PM
I think with Pophammy and Souffle, Jane and Trina, you will be starting a craze - I can see a room full of specially designed T shirts for the Mapplewell show.

Great idea - I might need to enlist the help of Pophammy and Jane for ours though given the lovely multi-hamster designs they did for my birthday :wink:

lau200
09-10-2007, 02:24 AM
i've been out and bought the stuff to do mine but i wonderhow i'm going to fit everybody on, esp with the new arrivals :? oh well, will just have to make more t-shirts :D

Spuds Mum
09-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Maybe you need to do designs both front and back lau?! I know what you mean though - I'm thinking the way that my collection grows it is a good job that my T shirts are on the large size! :lol:

babyboos
09-12-2007, 03:21 PM
front, back and sleeves :wink:
try a long sleeved top :lol:

Spuds Mum
09-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Let's think outside the box - why not have hamster design trousers/skirts too. mmm hamster hats, the possibilities are endless!! :lol:

babyboos
09-13-2007, 10:27 AM
hamster skirt! I can just imagine that on the catwalks of Paris and Milan :lol:
A huge white drindl affair!

Spuds Mum
09-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Yes, I see it with a design of hamsters on wheels around the bottom! :lol:
WE could start a new fashion - hamster wear! :shock:

souffle
09-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Lets just get fake fur and make ourselves complete hamster suits then we can get large wheels too! :lol: :lol:

babyboos
10-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Vistaprint are giving away a free t-shirt with free upload of an image of your choice, if you want to know more please email me [email protected] as soon as you can as it is a limited time offer:

100% OFF
Custom T-Shirts
The weather may be cooling off, but our
T-Shirts are still hot! Perfect as gifts or giveaways. 100% pre-shrunk cotton printed with durable colour-fast inks. Full range of sizes available.