PDA

View Full Version : Rotherham show

Jane
08-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Yep...a month early, I know, but hey :P

Who's gunna be at the rotherham show?

Any ideas whether there's a pet class? If there is not sure whether to take Charliewarlie or not...hmm....

Oh yeah what day is the hammy bit? Was sunday last year I think?

Janeeeee

souffle
08-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Hamster show is on Sunday the 9thand I expect there will be a pet class there. I will let you know for sure when we get our schedule :lol:

Holly
08-08-2007, 04:28 AM
We are going - it's my birthday :wink:

littlemissdwarfhamster
08-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm going and will be all tanned as I get back from Tenerife on the Friday :-)

Bunsey
08-09-2007, 12:08 PM
I'll be there with Max and Paddy.... not sure about taking Mocha again as she came embarrassingly second to last in show.... not bad for a rescue ham though i guess!

Holly
08-31-2007, 01:07 PM
I've phoned in my entries this evening - Caramel and Turner are in the main show, we'll decide who we are taking for pets on the day. Anyone else all entered and ready to go?

I've also asked Sue to order me one Syrian and one dwarf pen if she can :)

souffle
08-31-2007, 01:23 PM
We are entered too :lol:

Spuds Mum
08-31-2007, 02:14 PM
I am considering whether to enter one or two of mine in the pets class, but still not sure. I know it would be a good way of easing into showing, but hmmm I just can't make up my mind. We will be bringing Bramble our Queen Bee along though as she has a bald patch that just wont go away despite visits to the vets, mite treatment, changing from shavings for her, keeping her away from oats etc. (all suggested by various people) and one of the NHC suggested bringing her along and they would have a look. But of course I wouldn't enter her in anything apart from the 'hamster with her left flank showing competition' which she would win hands down!!

Holly
08-31-2007, 11:29 PM
We just did pet class to start with, Spud's Mum - it's fairly stress free and we didn't get any showable hammies straightawy anyway, though I did show Mocha, who is a pet shop ham, and he did ok in his first show!

Looking forward to seeing you there :)

Jane
09-01-2007, 03:29 AM
I've decided I'm not entering Charlie into Rotherham but we'll still be there :P

(ooh, btw, they're setting it up already :P drove past this morning and they're putting massive tents and stuff up)

edit: if you see me say hello! I might not reply, or I might look like this :oops: :oops: :oops: but yeah :P (im wearing my top :lol: http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/vie ... c&start=15 (http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2140&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15))

Jane
09-06-2007, 10:37 AM
I've just had new thoughts..might take Charlie along for pets...his breeder is gunna be there so I kind of want to now..

anyone know whether they are handled by a judge or us at pets in rotherham? i know in aprils show we handled them but people have told me that someone else usually handles them??

is pet class judged at 2pm still?

souffle
09-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Because it is in a smallish tent they are usually handled by the judge at Rotherham Jane as there is not enough room to have all the owners around the judging area.

Bunsey
09-06-2007, 11:31 AM
i forgot to enter!! sniff sniff cry! :cry:

i'm still going and just gonna be sticking maxipads in pets instead :(

Jane
09-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Because it is in a smallish tent they are usually handled by the judge at Rotherham Jane as there is not enough room to have all the owners around the judging area.

okies..hopefully charlie will be happy with that haha :lol: its still okay for us to get them out etc though yeah even though the judge will be handling them? just cos i wanna show charlie to nooboo :P

Holly
09-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I entered last week but haven't received anything in the post (ie pen labels and a parking pass) from Sue - should I have had them by now? :?

<edit> Just got in from work and my pass has come today ( along with my September journal - hurrah). I haven't got pen labels - I assume we get those on the day.

Couple of things - what time should we be arriving? It says doors open at 9am (eek - would mean an early start for us) ...was planning on arriving at 10-ish - too late maybe?

Also once you get inside the showground will it be obvious where we should be?

souffle
09-06-2007, 02:55 PM
I just got the car parking sticker too Holly. We will be there about 10ish as it says judging at 10.30am. Last year the stewards knew where the ham tent was. As you drive in the middle lane they park you on the right and the tent was on the left by the birds. There are usually maps around and it was very close to the tent.

Holly
09-06-2007, 03:03 PM
That's great - I'm really looking forward to it now.

I take it it's quite a big show? I know that Jean from Tristar won't be there but it sounds like a lot of others will be.

Jane
09-07-2007, 08:06 AM
I take it it's quite a big show? I know that Jean from Tristar won't be there but it sounds like a lot of others will be.

I went last year and I remember it being a decent size..quite big actually..

We will get there about 12:15ish, I assume pets is being judged at 2pm, yes? I will end up getting to the show, take about 30 minutes to find the right tent..walk around a bit..go to other tents..get lost..not be able to find my baby :lol: :lol: (my baby being Charlie lol).

My cousin is coming with me tooo :D

Trina
09-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Yep i will be coming along with jane :) Like janes already said if anyone see's her or mabye me as ill be with her :D say hi i wont bite dont know about jane :P

Jane
09-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Yep i will be coming along with jane :) Like janes already said if anyone see's her or mabye me as ill be with her :D say hi i wont bite dont know about jane :P

I wont bite..but Charlie might :twisted: mwahahha :lol: haha XD (oh, and I might hide away in a corner somewhere :P)

Trina
09-08-2007, 09:56 AM

I wont bite..but Charlie might :twisted: mwahahha :lol: haha XD (oh, and I might hide away in a corner somewhere :P)

You aint going in no corners your staying with me! haha and someone will find you because off your shirt anyway :D I have a shirt now anyway dont i jane so everyone will know where we are and if we go missin we have our pets and names on our tops! :D

Jane
09-08-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm worried lol..gah why do I have to be so shy XD

What if we can't find the tent :o or we find it and don't know who the person is to tell them we want to enter :o or Charlie bites someone :o or we forget where the tent is and loose him :o

I'll shuddup now..

will see you all tomorrow :lol: :lol: (if I don't die first :P)

Holly
09-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Stop worrying Jane - tomorrow is my birthday and I am ordering you to stop and enjoy it instead :P

Seriously, I know where you are coming from - when I was your age (oh how old I sound) I was the same as you (probably worse actually).

We'll be there and we'll come and say hello

PS Stop worrying about Charlie - he's adorable :wink:

Spuds Mum
09-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Jane you will be fine - you already know lots of people anyway, you maybe just dont know our faces!! See you tomorrow!

souffle
09-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Jane is having you guys on. She was perfectly fine at Brockholes and Charlie will be great too :lol: :lol:

Trina
09-09-2007, 12:22 AM
I hope your all ready Jane :D Im actually allowed a pair of dwarfies from the show ! (if theres any left when we get there) I just need to set up the cage :P

Jane
09-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Jane is having you guys on. She was perfectly fine at Brockholes and Charlie will be great too :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: We got there and I told down to turn round the car and we were going home but he refused haha :oops: I did enjoy it..just, I dunno XD I'm scared haha.

well most likely that none of you will see this until we get back but hey XD see you all there ^-^

Bunsey
09-09-2007, 03:03 AM
we're behind schedule (meant to have left now) so we are coming but i don't know if we'll actually miss the pets judging... i came on to check if anyone had mentioned the time... i know it SAYS 2pm, but i went up to hoyland once for 2pm and the judging was over :cry:

Jane
09-09-2007, 03:15 AM
ack..we're setting off in about 15 minutes because it'll take us abotu 30 minutes we're guessing with traffic...hope we don't miss pet judging :? :(

Bunsey
09-09-2007, 03:26 AM
it takes us 2hrs :oops: :oops:

Jane
09-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Were you there Bunsey? No idea if I saw you :lol: :lol:

Anyway..I'm happy..all went well :) Charlie got first (in pets) :D and he didn't bite the judge, woo :P

Trina
09-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Yep charlie got first for jane which made her happy :D I got 2 dwarfies which made me happy :D and i enjoyed dog show to that was good :lol:

lau200
09-09-2007, 09:04 AM
i said he would :D well done Charlie :D

Spuds Mum
09-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Yes well done Charlie (and Jane) for getting first. Rosie's Flump got second so we were quite happy :lol: Charlie is very beautiful and Rosie didn't mind Flump coming second to such a gorgeous boy.

It was lovely to meet everyone - Souffle pointed out Bunsey but I didn't get chance to say Hi (sorry Bunsey) but it was lovely to meet Jane and Trina (and her beautiful new robos). I also met Holly and was very pleased that we now have another connection - not only are Butterbean and Caramel half sisters, but my new boy Dubaku's brother has also gone home with Holly! :x :x

Pophammy also showed me her two new winter whites who are just gorgeous :x :x

So lots of happy people and very lucky hamsters today! :wink:

Jane
09-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Aww, Flump is gorgeous ;) Well done to him too! :D Ooh, Trina got a pair of campbells (argente I think?? someone will correct me when she posts pics XD) not robos ;)

Who came third?

Ooh I saw pophammy's ww's too, they're gorgeous :)

Spuds Mum
09-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Yes I realised that I was wrong, silly me. I obviously didnt look at them enough did I? what a fool :oops: I have not long got home and am absolutely shattered! Am just sitting with a nice cup of tea waiting for the hamsters to wake up properly. Mind you I think I need to wake up properly myself! :)

Jane
09-09-2007, 11:35 AM
We got home about 4pm lol ;) Trina needed a new water bottle...we got to the pet shop at 4:01pm, ran out of the car and into the shop to buy one :lol: :lol:

Well, the person who judged the pets survived and our hammies didn't eat them so that's good :lol:

Spuds Mum
09-09-2007, 11:42 AM
I think one of Holly's hamsters came third but I am not sure which one. Smirnoff (our old sapphire winter white who fell out with her cage mate and went to live with Arti's parents) got a highly commended so they were also pleased. The judge said that Smirnoff just needs some growing and filling out and then they should think about putting him in the main show. :D I'm pleased too because she is a beautiful girl with really soft fur, and very friendly.

Bunsey
09-09-2007, 12:29 PM
yeah we were there, but too late to enter. we were stuck fr 45 mins stationary at the M1 junction, then we got to the place at 2:10, but there was no-where to park and we weren't moving queing for the car park. it was 2:40pm by the time we got to the tent, so miles too late. i carried max & paddy round like a handbag all afternoon!

Jane
09-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Ahh such a shame Bunsey :( Did you see meeee? :P What do you look like lol? Hopefully we'll see you at Octobers show? :)

Holly
09-09-2007, 01:04 PM
We were there! Yes, Custard got third (his third third!) in pets and Treacle got a HC. Caramel did ok with a fifth in a pretty huge LH cream class (I think there were nine or ten).....I didn't think she'd get that when I saw how small she was in comparison to the others (and heres me thinking she's big :roll: ) but I guess she's still young. She also got second novice.

The funniest thing is Turner - he was out of the placings in the ww class - but he got me a first place rosette for novice dwarf - and he was the only entrant!!! :oops:

We did take home a new friend - seems we are keeping it in the family with Spud's Mum - pics to follow :) and we also brought Mr Pawaver Custard home with us for his ..erm...holiday :wink:

Bunsey
09-09-2007, 01:19 PM
i think the october show is too far north for me unfortunately. Lymm is my next one in November, just 40 mins away from us :D

Widowmaker
09-17-2007, 03:07 AM
So, can we see some pics of the winning hammies then? Please? :D

And congratulations!