PDA

View Full Version : Can I use my image?

racinghamster
07-08-2011, 09:39 AM
I have a JPEG image of my chinese hamster Prinny saved in My Pictures and wanted to try it in my avatar, but don`t know if the size will be okay?

It`s 82.2kb (whatevere that means!) and dimentions are 1165 x 873

If I change the image, will it be okay because I can`t resize it myself. I copied the image from her previous owners thread and saved it for future reference, but was`nt sure if the size would be fine or whether it`s too big?

SnickersTheFirst
07-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Avatars will be automatically resized for you. I've used jpeg images before with no issues. :)

racinghamster
07-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks Snickers your a star. :) I`ll give it a go and see if I can get it to work. I can always change it back if it does`nt work out.

SnickersTheFirst
07-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Oooo, I can see her. :D

racinghamster
07-08-2011, 09:47 AM
It worked! :) The image is`nt great though. :( If I was to find an image online that was free to use, would I be able to use this instead?

SnickersTheFirst
07-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah, it's a shame that it's not zoomed enough. :( Ah well. I'm sure a few people on here use free images from google, although I'm not 100% sure on the rules for that I'm afraid. :)

racinghamster
07-08-2011, 10:01 AM
No worries Snickers. I will keep this image of Prinny even though it`s small and was taken before she came to me and she lived in a Rotastak, which is why the glare is showing in the photo. :roll: Nothing I can do about that but at least I can see her....just! :mad: If you use a magnifying glass it will help!!!

souffle
07-08-2011, 11:50 AM
If you post the full sized pic here I will edit it for you in photoshop and crop her out if you like.

racinghamster
07-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks souffle. :) I decided to switch it back since the image of Prinny was`nt that great. If I find a nicer chinese hamster image and it`s free to use, I may change it again if the system resizes it automatically? If I saved an image to `My Pictures` from the internet and then opened it to use as my avatar, would this work?